Nobody's Second Choice

Welcome back to the chapter 78 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

1 week later

Konoha - Council room

Uzumaki Naruto and Nara Shikamaru both stood in front of the Hokage and the council.

Naruto stood tall in a professional manner as he remained stoic, ignoring the glares that were sent his away.

The Uzumaki saw that all of the clan heads were looking at him. The parents of the children he saved all looked at him with respect and acknowledgment. He was sure their children told them about him.

He then saw the council elders look at him with a bit of disdain and next to them was the man he met in passing at the Hokage tower. From what the Uzumaki researched his name was Shimura Danzo.

Naruto looked at both Tsunade and Jiraiya who hid their faces with a professional look but had a hint of worry in them.

Tsunade looked at the council and her eyes landed on Danzo and his two partners then at the civilians.

Her eyes narrowed remembering what Jiraiya told her, when she became angry at him for not disbanding team 7.

Flashback

"You better explain Jiraiya" Tsunade scowled she put her hand on her head while Jiraiya waved at her.

"Think about it hime. If we disbanded team 7 now what do you think will happen" Tsunade sighed she hated Jiraiya about that. Why can't he just think like her for once?

Sighing she let him explain "get on with it Jiraiya" the fourth's teacher nodded "if we had disbanded team 7 it will cause a negative reaction that will affect Konoha" he frowned making Tsunade narrow her eyes "you mean the council" Jiraiya nodded.

"Yes the girl when I saw her looked mentally unstable since the Uchiha left. Disbanding the team will be the breaking point" Tsunade sighed. She really hated fan girls.

"The girl's mother is part of the council" Tsuande said making Jiraiya nod. Tsunade was really smart when she needed to be.

"Yes Haruno Sakuya is well known in the civilian council. If we hurt her daughter which she rightly deserves by the way." Jiraiya nodded as Tsunade agreed "that woman's influence will cause a minor stir within the court." Tsunade sighed Jiraiya made sense.

"Sensei changed Konoha for the worst. If we handle things to harshly people will doubt you Tsunade and hurting Sakura will..." Tsunade interrupted "Danzo" she spat his name with venom.

Jiraiya nodded looking serious "yes, causing a stir like this is what he wants. We need to handle things carefully and bring Konoha back to how it was.

Tsunade sighed "but we can't let that team function what will happen now that Naruto is hurt" Jiraiya nodded sadly "I agree the team will be disbanded" now Tsunade was interested.

Jiraiya smiled "let fate handle it after all Naruto is the rookie of the year and a Chunin"

Tsunade's eyes went wide and then she laughed.

End of flashback

Tsunade looked at Naruto.

Konoha's future depended on his growth, she knew he will benefit the village to great things. With her as the Hokage he will have the equal rights he surely deserved.