Chapter two. Behind the black Gate.

Tom's eyes were wide, tears forming in his eyes again as he looked at his hands again, in shock.
His arm had a single bandage, right around where his shoulder and his armpit met.
He had bandages all over his head and his chest.

..Wait a minute.

This felt..

..Familiar.

Tom paused, his ears ringing so badly that it silenced out all the other noise in the hospital.
Tears began to run down his face and drip down Tom's chin, as he buried his face into his palms, sniffling.
He then came to a realization, his heart heavy and breaking into pieces again.

His dad did this.

His dad was why he was here.

His dad was why he lost Tord.

His dad was horrible.

His dad caused all his injuries.

All of this.

His dad was why Thomas didn't have it right his whole life, his dad was why Tom's mom left them both while Tom was just a little kid.
He..
He was finally gone.
Tom didn't know if he missed him, loathing over the thought of not missing him.
No, no.
His dad was gone.
Tom smiled a bit, still sniffling and crying.
Maybe he'd meet his mother again.
Maybe she'd come back after the news.
A while later, Tom had fallen asleep again, snoring quietly.
Tord, meanwhile, was completely fine, sighing as he walked in the hospital room with a bouquet of flowers.
He smiled and looked at Tom, giving him a peck on the forehead as he sat next to him, pulling out his phone.
Tom woke up because of this, his eyes widening.
Tord was on his phone, so he didn't notice, still right beside Tom.
"..Tord?.."
Tord paused, glancing at Tom.
His eyes widened at that, not having heard Tom's voice in almost a whole year now and tearing up because of this.
Tord pulled Tom into a tight embrace, also making sure he wouldn't hurt the Jehovah's witness by being gentle on his back, where he had a lot of the injuries.
Tom froze up for a few seconds, but almost instantly hugged back, crying again, but happily.
"I missed you.." Tord muttered, pulling away from the hug and looking Tom in the eyes.
"I missed you too, but what happened..?" Tom asked in response, raising an eyebrow as he glanced right back down at Tord.
"Your father put you into a coma for almost a whole damn year. " Tord replied, looking away. "I came here every single day just to check on you, Thomas." Tord added, smiling up at Tom.
"Oh my god," Tom muttered under his breath, shocked.
Was it all a dream? What if Tom was still in a coma? Is this all a dream?!?
Tom was in a state of derealization, looking at the ground and spacing out.
Tord could tell exactly what was happening and caressed Tom's cheek, smiling up at him. "Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm here." Tord said to Tom, smiling to reassure him.

Tom smiled back, snapping out of it.
"I love you," Tom said, content.
"I love you too." Tord replied, giggling quietly as his cheeks went a little red, having not heard those words from his lover in so long, but staying just as loyal as he would if he weren't in the coma.
Tom smiled contently, leaning to kiss tord. Tord hesitated, but kissed back, smiling. Tom pulled away a second or two later, face flushed bright pink.
"I missed that, Jesus christ--" Tom muttered, laughing softly.
"Me too--" tord replied, laughing aswell.
A few weeks later, Tord's parents had taken Tom into their care, having heard everything that happened with his father.
Tom's dad has been taken into custody and into prison for child endangerment, child abuse, and a few other crimes, though those were the harshest; most present.
Paul and Patryck we're Tord's parents' names, and they were so much nicer than Tom's previous father.
Timeskip to a good while later, and Paul and Patryck were currently in the kitchen, cooking for the two, while Tom and Tord were now in their shared room, cuddled up to eachother.
"I missed you, Tord." Tom said randomly, happy to be with Tord again.
"I missed you too, Kittyboy." Tord replied honestly, giggling.
They were giddy and content together, nothing in the way of this anymore.