This Broken Heart of Mine (Chapter 40/ End of Part 1)

Start from the beginning

They all eat slowly, trying -and failing- to make conversation. After awhile, Mitsuya, Chifuyu, Hinata, and Takemichi go home. Draken and Mikey head back to (Y/N)'s room and sit down, prepared to stay by her side until the bitter end.

Draken lays his head beside her body, his hand resting on top of her own. His eyes feel heavy as he watches her, and then he drifts off.

He's awoken in the middle of the night by a jerk. He looks up quickly and his eyes meet her round ones. A sound escapes from between his lips and he wraps his arms around her, holding her as close to himself as possible.

Her hands slowly wrap around his back, her cheek resting against his shoulder, "It's okay, Ken-Kun."

Mikey looks around lazily. Once he sees her he too hurried over to hug her. They both cry, clutching onto her.

"I love you so much," Draken cries.

After many minutes of crying and hugging, Mikey steps out of the room and calls the others. Half an hour later all of her friends surround her, hugging her tightly and crying harder than she could have imagined. Seeing all of them care so much makes her feel truly loved. And she realizes, these are her people.

"Where's Baji?" She croaks.

"Did you not hear?" Mitsuya asks, looking around at the others.

"They said..." Chifuyu says. Tears form in his eyes, "They said he may never walk again."

***

"Baji-San!" Chifuyu shouts. He runs over to the side of Baji's bed and hugs him. Baji tries to act like he doesn't enjoy the hug, but by the look in his eyes it's evident that he does.

"(Y/N)-Chan...." He whispers, "I thought you died."

"We all did," Draken replies, "she woke up late last night."

"It's good to see you," Baji replies, Chifuyu finally letting go of him.

"You too," (Y/N) says, trying to keep herself from crying. It finally hits her that it's all over. No more fighting....

"So, uhm— did you hear?"

"About your legs?" (Y/N) asks tensely.

"Yeah.... Uh— well they said I may walk again, but I've decided that even if I do, I'm going to take a bit of time off from fighting."

"That's probably for the best," says (Y/N), "at least you're alive."

"And that's all thanks to you, (Y/N)-Chin!" Mikey exclaims. He hooks his arm around her neck, "Baji might be dead and I might be in prison right now if you hadn't saved us. Thank you, (Y/N)-Chin."

"Thank you." All of the others repeat.

"You saved my life," Baji says, "Thank you so much."

"There's something else," Draken tells her. "Don't worry, it's nothing horrible," he says when he notices her fearful expression, "It's the lake. You were out for awhile and in that time the lake flooded. The bridge was destroyed and the land is all messed up. We could probably go back sometime, but it's not going to be soon."