'He's 13?' (Chapter 3)

[Edited] No spoiler alerts.

"Are you cheating?" Asks Naoto with a suspicious look on his face. He rubs his chin with his hand as he tries to figure out how (Y/N) has won every set. They've been playing her favorite card game for about an hour now. Naoto is the most fun to play with. He doesn't get mad when he loses, he just tries to figure out why he didn't win.

"Naoto-Kun, I don't cheat." Lies (Y/N). She doesn't cheat against Naoto. It always gives her a good laugh when Hinata accuses her of cheating, especially when Hinata has no proof.

"I saw you cheating when you were playing with Hinata." Says Naoto. He grins at (Y/N).

"Yeah, well I don't cheat when we play. And don't tell Hinata-Chan that!" Says (Y/N). Naoto puts all of the cards together before looking back at her with a dark grin.

"I won't!" He says happily. "But you can't tell Hinata I cheat when I play her either." (Y/N) laughs as he hands her the cards.

"I won't tell." Promises (Y/N).

It's a Saturday. Hinata is off doing something in town. Naoto has taken quite a liking to (Y/N). Every free second he has, he's asking her if she wants to play games with him. He's about the nicest kid she's ever met. Sometimes they even do their homework with Hinata. It's very enjoyable being here.

Naoto and Hinata's father isn't around a ton, but he and their mother make her feel very welcomed. Their mother is very nice and (Y/N) enjoys how much freedom she has here. She quite likes Japan in general too.

"(Y/N)-Chan, can we go to the store? I want to buy a new movie to watch with Hinata later." Asks Naoto. (Y/N) agrees and the two of them make their way out of the apartment, grabbing some money from each of their rooms before leaving.

"Do you like living here with us?" Asks Naoto. He gazes up at (Y/N). She smiles down at him, patting his shoulder.

"Yes. Do you like me living here?" Says (Y/N). Naoto cranes his neck to look around. (Y/N) considers repeating the question, but he finally responds after a minute.

"Yeah, you're cool, (Y/N)-Chan." Says Naoto. (Y/N) likes it when he compliments her. Naoto is very blunt, which makes him a little rude sometimes. Actually, pretty often. When he says nice things to her, she knows he means it. "Come on, the store is over here."

(Y/N) hasn't completely figured out where everything is so she follows close behind him. She finds the thought of getting lost in a city as big as this one to be quite a frightening thought.

As the two of them make their way to the store, (Y/N) takes in their surroundings. It's a beautiful day. The sky is clear blue and it's not too hot. The streets aren't as busy as she had previously thought they would be. She was looking forward to tonight already. She's excited to watch a movie with her cousins.

The store they enter is just about empty. (Y/N) stands at the front of the store with her arms crossed as she waits for Naoto to find the movie he wants.

"Oi, (Y/N)." Calls a low voice as the door swings open. (Y/N) jumps, turning around to find Draken staring down at her. "What are you doing here?"

"Buying things. I mean, it is a store." Says (Y/N) as her arms drop to her side. Draken gives her a strange look before taking his place beside her.