Andy + Reader | Fucking Barns, Man

ANDY + READER (SIBLING)
gender neutral
Fucking Barns, Man

------

"You sure?"

"Haha, yeah."

"But he's still your brother, (Y/N)."

"Blood will not stop my reign of terror."

"...okay."

For many years had your practical jokes on your brother played on, but for the first time, a sense of regret swallowed you whole.

From behind a tree you waited, staring intently at the small house located in the corner of a clearing. You smiled as the door creaked open.

You saw him.

Standing in the open, smelling the fresh air, his typical outfit on his body. He looked around, and you quickly ducked from view as he turned to look your direction. A few seconds passed, and you cautiously poked your head around the corner again, keeping low.

Your brother had already began marching over to the nearby lake in another clearing, so you took your opportunity to sneak-rush over to his house.

You had moved out about a year ago, and settled down in the nearby town, close enough to walk to from the farm. For what reason? You couldn't quite remember, but the past was the past, and you tended to forget things easier than others.

Coming back to the task at hand, you knew Andy wouldn't be gone long. So you pulled his keys from your pocket, locking the front door to his house, and double-checking the window, just in case.

Last night you and Felix had peered through the window, and you came up with the grand idea to steal his keys. At first, your cannibalistic companion was unsure of the thought, giving his hushed opinions and concerns, but it had been easy to sway his ideals, it being late at night.

You and Felix planned to hide his keys in the old barn near your regular hangout spot. Nowhere too  complicated, just a few steps away from the entrance, far away enough to give him a little scare when you shut the doors. The others were in on the plan too, although you didn't really know why. Felix had just brought it up and the others had offered to help. Margret even suggested a challenge leading up to the barn, to which you agreed.

You scurried away from your brother's house as he turned the corner, making yourself comfy next to your friends. They were about to have a picnic, despite no form of food actually being in sight - aside from the apple trees, of course.

"Hey, you should probably toss keys in the barn," Felix reminded, turning your way.

Oh yeah, you had forgotten to do that.

"Thanks, I'll be doing that now."

"Be quick!" Melody called after you as you approached the barn. You opened the doors, revealing the complete and utter darkness inside the building. It was slightly unnerving - you could remember it being much lighter inside. But now, not even the outside light seemed to brighten the place up.

You quickly tossed the keys a good distance away from the doors, hearing the clinkly sounds it made as it hit the floor. The doors shut, and you returned to the table, just in time for Andy to turn the corner. He ran up to the table.

"Hi guys!" He called out in his cheery tone. Something about him just irritated you to no end. Maybe it was his tone of voice, general demeanor, happy-go-lucky personality, blatant naïvety, whatever. You drowned out the small talk, unaware of his hesitant smile in your direction.