Alex was healing, she could feel it but Lydia couldn't do that and right now she was hearing the voices of thousands which was just enough to kill her.

Valack turned to some device, twisting a few nobs he turned it on "I want you to focus on this, Lydia. And what other sounds you hear now, push them aside."

Alex couldn't hear much, she heard a low crackling sound; kind of like static.

Lydia let out short even breaths as she began to calm Down, whatever he was doing was working.

"That's it. Focus on this sound and my voice. All right, Lydia" he nodded, speaking calmly

Lydia noticed the body of a dead woman laying in the corner, small gasp escaped her lips.

"Don't worry, Lydia. Nurse Cross wasn't nearly as strong as you are."

Alex let out a short breath "leave her alone "

"What do you want from me?" She asked, she was barely heard. Her voice strained from the pain she felt.

Alex tugged on her restrains, she was hoping they would loosen. Lydia glanced over, Alex gave her a small nodded

Alex slowly lifted her foot from the restrain, valack too busy concentrating on someone else.

"I want your help against the Dread Doctors. They ruined me. Destroyed me. They drove me to obsession, consigned me to professional ridicule. People thought I was a monster when I was simply trying to open their eyes " He lectured,

"Now you want me to be your eyes?" She asked.

Valack walked towards the pair, Alex sat still with the fear he'd see her escape. He turned his back from her, she lifted her other foot; she wasn't sure how she got out but someone was looking out for her.

Valack turned, a sigh escaping his lips "and what do you think you are doing?"

He sounded like a mother telling off her child.

He held a needle in his hand, walking toward Alex.

Alex kicked the man away from her, she tugged her hand from the restrain but it wasn't budging. "Come on!"

Alex screamed as she pulled her wrist through the leather, she felt her skin burn as it slid through the small escape, after seconds it was free. She  grabbed something old beside her, hitting valack with it as he ran towards her

She undone her last restrain, quickly standing to her feet. Alex closed her eyes feeling the room move around her, forgetting she hadn't stood in over a day and was pumped with whatever Valack had been using.

Alex grabbed the needle, her hand shaking.

Valack stood up, staring at the girl "what are you gonna do huh?silly girl. You think you can hurt me"

"I've got the needle right?" Alex held it up, barely.

"But have you got the strength?" He raised a brow.

Alex knew she didn't, but she had to do something. She could feel the scream that was threatening Lydia's vocals, it would be one that would kill anything in its path.

Alex took in a small breath, she focused on Lydia, her best friend who was slowly dying; Lydia needed her to do something, so something she would do.

Alex ran for him, pushing him against the metal table . She held the needle against his neck, her chest fighting for air "I've always got some strength"

"You remember the first thing you said when you woke up?" He asked

Alex furrowed her brows, confused