Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three

Beginne am Anfang

"Lark... I'm so sorry." The only way she knows how to console me is through hugs, instead of speaking the two of us sit on my bed hugging.

A light knock on the door makes us pull apart and I wipe my tears away.

"Come in!" I call quietly to the door. The large door swings open revealing Ria, her white hair is wet from a recent shower and she's dressed in her oversized maroon button up shirt and long fluffy socks.

"LaLa? What's wrong?" She scrambles over to the bed and sits beside me gently. She's started calling me LaLa recently, she's the only one. It makes us feel closer.

I peek at Zim who nods, although she is my most trusted friend she has always been terrible with emotions and resolving issues, she leads with gestures over words.

"Gray claims we're mates..." My voice trails off and unlike Zim, Ria looks at me curiously, her face the only give she knows what I'm thinking.

"You don't know. Do you?" She smiles gently at me as I shake my head unsure.

"I don't get the tingles... Just the smell." I sniffle as tears start falling down my face. Ria hugs me tightly from one side and Zim from the other. The three of us sit in silence on my bed when a weight lands on us. Zim shrieks and both Ria and I giggle. Titan. The wolf pup is getting bigger but is still tiny, his large head is too cute with the pointy ears. He sticks his tongue out and licks me straight across the face. Ew. I giggle despite the fact causing all three of us to burst into laughter.

"Come on. Get changed! We need to pick a movie." Ria bounces on the bed excitedly and she runs over to my closet with Zim in tow. I get shoved into the bathroom and told to shower while the two girls pick out my fit. Hopping out of the shower I exit the room wrapped in my towel and find a set of silk pajamas laid out on my bed. I slipped out of my towel and pulled on the lush silk pjs, walking out into the hall I found neither Ria nor Zim there. As I went to start walking down the spiral staircase to the next floor both girls came out of Ria's room with Titan in tow. They smiled and leaped down the stairs behind me.

Together we reached the final floor and wandered into the indoor cinema, all the roomies were seated in the room including Ej and Lucas. In the past few weeks the 10 of us... no 8 of us excluding Ej and Lucas have grown closer. Most mornings now Ria, Callum and Zim go to training with the other werewolves while the rest of us get up and ready.

I sit down in one of the comfy cinema chairs with Zim on one side and Clay on the other. Ria is seated behind me between Blaze and Callum beside Callum is Ej, in front of my seat is Tristan, Kyle and Lucas. The movie begins and the screen shows the Marvel intro scene. I sit back and relax into the comfy seat as the movie begins to play.

Halfway through the movie Ria and Kyle both leave, returning a few minutes later with bowls of popcorn and bottles of cold water. I snack on the buttery and salty popcorn as the movie scenes roll past, once the movie is done the next is played and that's how our night went. By about 1am we called it quits and all went to bed. The good thing about being on the top floor is there is a private staircase that goes straight up without making any stops on the way. So us three girls used that and climbed up to our respective rooms.

I curl up into the covers of my bed and fall asleep, over the course of the last few weeks since the first day of school I've been having nightmares every night. Again, I had one tonight.

Every night the dream starts off in my original room were I first stayed. The dream replays the event where the vampire came into my room and left, the night the school knew I was a vampire. Tonights dream makes me chase the runaway vampire, whenever I lag behind he stops and when I get close it feels like I'm stuck in quicksand not moving any further but still running. I get dragged down into the quicksand and everything turns dark but I can hear the vampire's voice. It calls out something undecipherable, wailing almost.

Covering my ears I look up at the sky, the sun blaring down on me as I sit blocking out the sobs of the vampire. A smell incases me and it smells not of embers and copper like Gray but of wyvern and a soft ocean breeze. The scent calms me down and I sit bolt upright.

My breathing fast and the dream disappears, I grasp at the strings of what happened but all I can hear is the wails and the scent of the vampire.

o-o

It's finally Saturday. I sit up in bed and stretch my arms over my head. My hair is messy as it sticks out in every direction. Checking the alarm clock beside me I find it's already 11:43am, hopping up I brush my hair, go toilet and get dressed into a black, slim fitted turtleneck dress with my black runners. Following my morning routine I walk over to my egg and talk to it for 5 minutes, I gently kiss the surface when a crack appears. I shriek at the same time I hear Ria swear from her room next door. In a matter of seconds the whole house is standing on the landing between Ria and I's rooms. My door is swung open revealing a concerned looking Tristan. Callum stands in front of Ria's door with the same expression.

"My egg, it's cracked..." I whisper and looked over to Ria, her face says it all. So has hers.

"Guys!" Kyle races up the stairs carrying his egg gently in his hands. Running along the top is a crack, the same as mine and Ria's. "It's hatching..." Kyle stares at his egg then to Ria's then mine.

Picking up my egg, I gently carry it into Ria's room with everyone else following me. I place the large gold egg down beside Ria's and Kyle follows suit. The three of us sit there watching our eggs. Waiting.

A loud cracking noise echoes through the room as each of our eggs crack further. The shell begins to crumble inwards disappearing into the shell. We all sit forwards peering into our eggs and little dragon-y body parts stick out of each egg. A wing sticks out of mine, a tail from Kyle's and a head from Ria's.

We each gaze lovingly at the little creatures climbing out of the eggs, as they climb out they each sneeze and cough. Ria's turns into shadows while mine starts to glow, Kyle's much like ours starts to turn to a shiny metal material. I gawk at the three little creatures as they skitter out of their eggs and race out to each of us respectively.

I scoop up my little dragon and hold it in my arms. I gaze down at it and name appears in my head.

"Cinder."

"Whisp."

"Bullet."

All three of us speak at the same time making our friends surrounding us laugh.

"One at a time." Zim laughs shaking her head.

"Meet Cinder, she's a Sun dragon." I proudly hold up my baby dragon, she's stopped glowing and you can see her scales are fire red like my hair with ombre of orange and yellow spread down her wings curling like flames at the ends, her small delicate head has long antennae like things coming off her head and two small horns on either side. Everyone smiles warmly at her except Ej who has practically fallen asleep on Ria's bed.

"This is Bullet. He's my Star dragon." Kyle gently scratches the dragons chin with a single finger. His dragon is a bronze colour with circular scales rather than the usual shape, running down it's back are sharp spikes and soft fluffy looking tufts of fur.

"Where's your dragon Ria?" Tristan looks at her curiously, instead of responding she just holds her hands up where a dragon shaped patch of smoke is rested in her hands. The small smokey shapes head is in the air held high.

"She's here." Ria chuckles and strokes the little dragons back, slowly its figure reappears and the little silver dragon is sat in her hands again.

The small dragon's scales are silver and sparkle teal in the light, the end of its tail has a tuft of soft fur and down its stomach is plated with large diamond shaped protective scales. It's little head has two twisted looking horns and fluff running down its spine.

However the three hatchlings look really similar, their faces show wisdom beyond their years, each one is roughly the same size and they all hatched at the exact same time...

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Hi! Brax here, I'm not gonna make this too long bc seriously who wants to read an authors note lol.
Anyway, thank you to all my new readers! I'm so grateful to all of you for giving my book a chance. 12 more chapters to go! What's gonna happen next? Comment your opinion. Xx