I shrug. "My first actual boyfriend kind of ruined dating for me for a little bit."

"Right."

The engine starts, and Sid gets in the car, closing the door behind her.

"So, where are you taking us, anyway?" Hallie asks as we stop at a red light.

"If we tell you, we'll have to kill you," Richard says, smiling at us.

"Don't ask; don't tell," Andrews says.

The three of us in the back start screaming when someone jumps in front of the car in a Ghostface costume. "Sidney, open the door!" I shout as Ghostface breaks open the window and slits Andrews' throat. "Holy shit! Never mind!"

Ghostface climbs over the car as Richards gets out. He kicks Richards in the face, making his body move to the side. Richards' face is slammed against Sid's window, making the three of us scream more when blood comes out of his mouth. He's slammed against the window again, and Hallie starts trying to open the door.

I see Richard fly across the front of the car and onto the ground. Ghostface gets in the passenger side and looks at us while we still scream and shout. Hallie kicks the door to try to get it open, but it doesn't budge.

Ghostface shoves Andrews out of the car and gets in the driver's side, putting his hands on the steering wheel. Richards stands up in front of the car, pointing to him. "Outta the car, you fucker!" he shouts.

"Jump, Richards!" I yell at him as Ghostface switches the gears and presses on the gas, making Richards hop onto the windshield and stays there.

"Get down back there!" he shouts to us. "Come on, you son of a bitch! I'll blow your fucking—" He cuts himself off and starts screaming when Ghostface runs over construction cones and runs into the side of a car.

He keeps driving through the construction before we jerk to a stop after running into a dumpster.

I grab my forehead because when we stopped, I hit it on the steel separator between the front and back of the car. Hallie groans and grabs the back of her head that she hit on the window. Sid coughs and gasps as she gets back on the seat from her place on the floor of the car. We all slow down our breathing and look at Ghostface in the front, who isn't moving.

Hallie has blood in the middle of her forehead, and I feel blood drip down from my brow. "Is he dead?" Hallie asks.

"I don't think so," Sid whispers, leaning toward him. "He's still breathing."

"Oh, that's just fucking wonderful," I mumble.

"Oh," Hallie says, looking at the other side of the windshield. Sid and I look over and see a metal pole through Richards' head and through the windshield. "Is he dead?"

"Oh, God," Sid says. "I think so."

"I would hope so," I whisper. "That's just painful."

Sid turns and presses her hands against the glass, hitting it a few times. Hallie turns to the door and tries to open it, but it still doesn't budge. I look around, and see only one way out. This is shit.

"Guys," I whisper, pointing to the bended steel. "I'm really hoping one of you will find a different way out."

"I'm afraid not," Sid whispers, starting to pull more of it back so that there's a big enough space for us to be able to climb through. "It's the only way out. Help me." Hallie and I both start to help her pull the steel back enough.

Sid puts one leg through the opening, glancing at Ghostface as she climbs the rest of the way through. She falls into the seat, looking at Richards before looking back to Ghostface. She tries to open the door, but it doesn't work. "We're jammed up against a wall," she whispers.

"Oh my God," Hallie whispers as Sid turns to Ghostface and starts to try and climb over him. When she reaches her hand forward to take off his mask, her elbow slips and the horn honks, making us all cringe as Sid flies back into the other seat.

"Survival first, then justice," I mutter.

"God, I hate this shit," Sid says, shaking her head.

"Oh my God," Hallie says. "Don't do that again." Sid reaches forward and tries to open the door, but it doesn't open. "Try the window."

Sid leans forward and climbs out of the window, landing on the ground outside the car. She immediately tries to open the door on our side, but it won't open either. "Shit," She says as Hallie tells her to get us out of the car. "I can't. The door's jammed. You have to go through the front."

Hallie shakes her head. "I choose life," I say, nodding before scooting over to the opening. "Maybe. Oh, fuck this shit." I climb into the front seat, taking a small deep breath. Then I lean forward, grabbing the door that still has small glass shards on it before leaning forward more. I get my legs on the door and hop down, wiping my hands on my pants while sighing.

"No fucking way," Hallie says, shaking her head.

"Do it, Hallie," I say. "It's the only way out."

She sighs and starts to climb through the opening. She makes a face at Richards before turning to us. "Oh, right through his eye," she says with a shiver. Sid keeps reassuring her quietly as she starts to climb over Ghostface and through the window. We grab her hands, then we grab her and help her out of the window and onto the concrete.

"Come on, let's go. Let's go," Hallie says, hitting Sid's arm. The three of us start running away from the car, but stop when Sid does.

"Guys," she says to us.

"What?" we both ask, turning to her.

"I wanna know who it is."

"I do too, Sid," I say. "But priorities, right? I'd rather live than go back and figure out that it's someone I already thought of."

Sid starts to walk back to the car. Hallie stops her. "No, Sid, stop. Look, look. Stupid people go back. We are not stupid people. Smart people run. We are smart people, so we should just get the fuck outta here."

"Hallie, I'm sick of running," Sid says. "If we know who it is, then it's over."

"No, we can just get the police," Hallie says.

"And when we come back, he'll be gone. It'll only take a minute. I have to do this." She turns and starts running to the car even though Hallie is telling her not to.

I follow after her, not listening to my basic instinct. "Sidney, you have a death wish, seriously. Do you want to get kille—" I stop short when we get to the car and see that no one is sitting in the driver's seat anymore. My eyes widen. "Shit." I snap around to Hallie. "Hallie, move!"

"What?" she asks loudly, right before Ghostface jumps out onto her and starts stabbing her. Sid screams, and I start walking backwards when Ghostface drops Hallie on the ground.

"Sid," I say, grabbing her arm. "Run."