𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬

my lovely girl

Dear Valerie,

My lovely girl.

You really know your way with words, don't you? Of course I'd like to meet up with you once more. In fact, I'd like to meet up with you whenever I can. I've never really gone stargazing before, but if you say I'll like the Stella Polaris then I'm certain I will.

Because you are perfect, and anything you like must be too.

If you're not already courting someone, I'd like to be with you. If you want. I think of you all the time, and I know we've only met once, but I miss you already.

Your smile makes me want to smile, even if I was having one of the worst days. Your hair falls down to your shoulders so elegantly, you look like such a princess. Your eyes are so beautiful, I would like to gaze into them for the rest of my life.

I am not joking about any of these, but I do find it adorable you swoon over my eyes, my lovely girl.

You are a very bright individual and feel I am already falling for you. I hope you can at least consider my request and let me know later tonight. We can stargaze near the forest, you get the best view there.

Until next time, my lovely girl,

Your dearest Stefan

IT HAD BEEN a little over one year when Damon had come home, and Stefan was now 17 years old. Estella had begun to babble words, and called Stefan "da!" every time she saw him, even when she was already in his loving arms.

He was excited and waiting in front of the house for Damon to arrive, knowing that he would be surprised with Estella.

Stefan wasn't sure how to tell his brother that he had a daughter in their letters, so he kept on putting it off until he found out he was coming home. He figured that he'd just surprise Damon with her, to distract him from their father.

Estella had been crawling all over the floors, and would try her best to climb things like the couch, the bed, the chairs, and even Stefan! Whenever he set her on the ground, she would crawl towards him, gripped his pants tightly, and tried to get back in his arms by climbing him.

She almost succeeded once though. She had gotten up to his hip, where Stefan held her against when using his other hand to complete a task.

Estella was an exhausting daughter to take care of, Stefan knew it and was pretty sure she did it on purpose, but he loved all the same. She was just like her mother.

"Brother, what is this?" Damon questioned Stefan, looking at the baby in his brother's arms questionably.

"I didn't know how to tell you in the letters we exchanged, but this is Estella. My daughter," Stefan waited for Damon's reply.

"You....have a daughter? I'm an uncle?" he asked his little brother in shock, the latter just nodding his head.

"Can I hold her?" Estella was then transferred into her uncle's arms, and she tilted her head bringing her tiny hand to his cheek and patted it. She did that to every person who carried her, even her father and grandfather who threatened Stefan that if she didn't stop, he would send her way. Of course Stefan stopped letting Giuseppe hold her, not her silly action. He found it cute. It was like a little greeting.

"Hey there, little one. I'm your Uncle Damon," Damon bounced her slightly.

"Day! Day!" The girl squealed, clapping her hands in delight while her uncle just laughed.

"You've got a very cute daughter there, Stef," he said to his brother. "But I'm sure she got her looks from her mother because you are just not it," he added, when he thought that sounded like a compliment.

"She probably did. Her mother was the best woman ever," Stefan agreed sadly, a wistful look on his face.

"Come inside, brother. We have lots to catch up on. Estella should take her nap now anyway," Stefan led his older brother inside the house, smiling when Estella patted his cheek after being placed in his arms once more.

His family was now complete as it could be with him, Damon, and Estella. If only he could have Valerie, then it would be perfect. But she was still with him, forever, in his heart and in his daughter. And he would cherish that forever.

Forever.