Chapter 32

Her POV

"Saan tayo pupunta?"

Tinignan niya ako bago buhayin ang makina nang sasakyan.

"Somewhere that will help you ease your pain."

Hinayaan ko siyang dalhin ako kung saan. Nakatulala lang ako buong biyahe, still keep thinking about what happened.

Kumirot ang dibdib ko nang maalala ang nakita kanina. They look like a complete happy family. But why do I feel betrayed? Alam ko naman hindi ako parte ng kanilang pamilya pero bakit nasasaktan akong makita silang masaya nang wala ako.

Pinigilan kong muli ang aking sarili pero sa pagkakataong ito, naging mahirap na. I feel like any time right now, I will erupt like a volcano. My emotions are like magma who is waiting for their turns to burst out. Even though it's hard, I'll keep the pressure inside.

Nang tumigil ang sasakyan ay natanaw ko agad ang malawak na dagat. It was calm and beautiful as it reflects the dark starry sky. I look up and stare at the twinkling stars. Bumaba ako sa kotse at daretsong naglakad sa mababatong buhangin. Ilang sandali pa ay naramdaman ko na si Zyke sa tabi ko.

"Tatlong araw kang hindi pumasok. I was worried."

Hinarap ko siya. "I was sick..." I lied.

Pumungay ang mga mata nito. "You're not... I know what happened. Yvan told me."

Umiwas ako ng tigin. He knows?

I felt him staring at me. "And I know you're not okay, Yzel."

Ibinalingin ko ang atensyon ko sa dagat. Dati ay ginagawa ako nitong pakalmahin tuwing pinapanood ko ang pag-ningning ng mga ito ngunit ngayon, lungkot at sakit nalang ang tanging nararamdaman ko.

"Have you heard the story of the lonely star?"

Umiling ako sa katanungan niya habang nanatiling nakatingala.

"Even before the galaxy appeared, there was only one star in the universe. That star has no companion, she was all alone, and that loneliness built sadness inside her... Then, thousand years have passed, a moon formed."

I looked at every star I see while listening to his voice.

"The star was happy that she's not lonely now, so as the moon. They became friends... but the moon was jealous of her brightness. And since the star loves the moon so much, she shares her brightness to the moon, even tho that may take her light, her own brightness."

When you love someone, you are willing to sacrifice anything for them. That is love. Sacrifice.

"Another year had passed when the sun appeared. The sun and the moon quickly became friends, and the star felt left out. She thinks that the moon doesn't want to be friends with her anymore because the sun shines more than the star. She was hurt... but she kept those emotions inside her."

I was suddenly reminded of myself. I look at him and he was staring at the sky.

"When the moon and the sun decided to explore the unending dark sky of the universe, the star became lonely again. But a time came when all the sadness and pain she hid suddenly burst out. And that explosion created a mesmerizing galaxy."

We both watch how the stars twinkle. Naramadaman ko ang paglingon niya sa akin.

"Do you know what happened to the star after that?"

"What happened?" tanong ko nang mag-tama ang mga mata namin.

"She was happy... very happy because she was able to release all the sadness and pain she's been keeping for a very long time."