003. the diner

003.
THE DINER

FAYE STARED AT HERSELF IN THE WIND MIRROR, noticing the bags under her eyes where she was growing tired. The girl was sat in the drivers seat of one of her father's many cars— but he didn't have to know that she'd stolen the keys. Maggie had questioned her about it before she went out, but then swore to not tell David Hadley that his daughter was stealing his car for the night.

Faye was just glad that the sun was setting, and she didn't have the flaming hotness to her skin. Though, her hunger had increased rapidly.

"Maybe this is a bad idea." The Hadley girl huffed, catching the attention of Lydia Martin who sat in the passenger seat beside her, quickly coating her lips with a gloss and topping up her mascara. She turned her head to look at her best friend with an eye roll.

"You say this every time we come here, and then you always end up laughing your face off and hooking up with any guy you see. Besides, you look hot tonight, make the most out of it." Lydia told her, and Faye wasn't sure whether to thank her or be offended by the switch of the strawberry blonde's words, but decided against it.

"Okay, let's go." Faye spoke with a breath, before the two girls stepped out of the car and walked into the diner, soon being greeted with the owners, who recognised them to be the usuals.

Faye looked around for a moment, trying to spot the two boys between all the other happy families or teens who were scattered around the Diner. Faye envied the laughter that she could hear from a husband and wife, their two children joining in. She envied the thing she once had, before Cara Hadley had been taken too soon, and her mother had just disappeared without a trace.

Police were convinced that she'd packed her bags and left them all behind, that she'd ran away, but Faye saw more than that— she knew Aimee Hadley would never leave family behind, even one as torn as theirs.

"Oh, there they are. C'mon." Lydia hummed, taking ahold of her best friend's wrist and pulling her towards the table where Jackson and Nathan were sat, both deep in conversation about Lacrosse. Nathan looked up, catching the eye of Faye who was stood at the end of their table.

Lydia sat down beside Jackson, kissing the boy roughly whilst the Hadley girl sent a soft smile in the Carter's way before sitting beside him, his hand creeping around her waist as he kissed her head. "We were just talking about the McCall freak's new little ability enhancement." Jackson told the two girls, his face scrunched up in disgust.

Faye's eyes flickered, noticing the look of jealousy on Nathan's face at the mention of Scott.

"You know anything about that, Faye? I mean, seeing as you slept at his house last night. Didn't answer anyone's texts." Nathan asked, spite laced in his tone as Faye widened her eyes.