Chapter 12.

12一 we flow so well, you and i

༻𖥸༺

THE FIRST TIME KEIGO SPENT ALL NIGHT talking to Jin-Woo was a little while before Eri popped up in the picture. He was in Tokyo for a hot minute to attend an event dedicated to bringing people's awareness to how they should properly act during a villain attack一be it day or night, inside or outside. And since All Might cut back his hours years ago and Endeavor avoided the press like it had fleas, who else but him to come?

It didn't turn out to be that bad, all things considered. He had a great time talking to people about a subject he actually found important and the hosts and fellow heroes were a pleasant company for the time he spent there.

Then, when evening rolled around and the sky started dimming, he stared a solid fifteen minutes at his phone internally debating if he should actually commit to the course of action he was contemplating.

(Shamelessly, he did.)

Telling his fellow heroes that he would simply fly home (lie) given that tomorrow was his day off from patrolling (truth). They accepted it easily enough and he was a bit embarrassed to say that getting to the residential outskirts of Tokyo took him less than ten minutes. But could you really blame him? He got the green light to spend the night over at the place of someone he found very interesting and entertaining. Of course he was going to take advantage of the opportunity.

Upon arriving at Jin-Woo's place (giant white mansion that it was) he was promptly directed to a spare bedroom and told to wash up for dinner.

When dinner had been first mentioned, Keigo though they were going to have takeout and maybe watch something on the TV. What he hadn't expected, however, was for the table to be filled with home-made food that honestly smelled divine. Jin-Woo simply laughed at him and said "I have some experience in the kitchen"一as if he hadn't just created a five star Michelin worthy food spread.

The nerve of him, really. Keigo was a bit put out that the hunter could catch him off guard so easily. It was more about his inability to see the situation coming when it involved the taller man than blaming said man for his innate subtility. Still vexing, but not overly so.

Dinner passed in a buzz of chatter from him as he told his friend about his past few days, going a bit in detail as he explained the event he had attended a few hours prior. He had rambled on and on, but it didn't feel forced, surprisingly. He had enjoyed telling Jin-Woo about his life and the hunter had listened intently and gave him feedback, asking a question here and there every now and then.

It felt... nice. Having someone focus their whole attention on you was apparently doing wonders for him. He just didn't know in what direction those wonders were going, but that could have been figured out at a later date. That if he didn't act like an idiot and barreled head first in that inquiry. (Which he did. Splendidly, one might say.)