They arrive at the cottage on the lake, at around 3:00 PM. It is not far from the place where Poppy was shot. The key to the cabin is in the mailbox, left for them to use. The owner did not go to the same lengths of hiding the key as The Divide did with the keycard. It seems the owners don't suspect thievery.

The initiates are sure The Divide knows where they are. The Divide always knows where they are. It occurs to some, but not all, that this cottage is not a safe space away from them. Maybe there are no eyes or ears here, but if The Divide wanted to hurt them, it could easily.

Then again, the underground lot was the perfect place to hurt them as well.

For a cottage, it is surprisingly nice. In the basement, there is a pool table as well as a foosball table, a fireplace and a television, and a massive sectional. There are two shelves in the basement, one filled with books and memorabilia, and the other has numerous VCRs for them to pop into the television. There is no cable out here in the cold. The basement also holds the furnace room, storage, and a bedroom with two sets of bunk beds.

The main floor has one large window. The kitchen is magnificent, all with new appliances and cupboards. There is a sitting room with a large sectional and two chairs, as well as a dining room table fit for all of them. There is only one bedroom on this floor, and it is a Queen. There is also a bathroom.

On the highest floor, they find a bathroom and several bedrooms. Most have two beds per room, to a total of four bedrooms with eight beds.

No one ventures out on the dock. Not only is it cold, and the lake covered in a thin layer of ice, but it is far too similar looking to the abandoned house where Poppy was shot. They wonder if it is colder, and less muddy now.

The property is large though, with lots of space between it and any other house. The area is surrounded by trees instead of a lawn. There is some space to play outdoor games, not that they will be spending much time outside over the next two days. Hopefully, the basement fireplace will keep them warm. If not, the blankets on the beds should prevent December's chill from reaching them.

"Since I paid, I get to sleep alone," Briar says after the group has finished exploring the house.

Roman, who is putting away the food into the fridge, nods, "fair enough. Although, is anyone going to be uncomfortable sleeping with me?"

No one answers. Roman takes that as a good sign.

They pair off into bedrooms. Vieira and Evelyn take one, Luis and Ellie take another. Felix and Ez pile into the room in the basement. Jetta and Roman claim a room, leaving Tom and Kai together in the basement.

They all make busy, ensuring that the sheets are clean. A few gather around the television to watch a fuzz movie on the dusty monitor. Despite the beauty of the house, it seems it hasn't been visited in quite some time. Then, it comes time for dinner.

~~~

Luis and Vieira play a game where they each take a minute to draw, and then switch the sheets, building off each other's sketches. In the end, they create one beautiful scene and one that is messy and confusing.

"This one looks like you," Luis says to Vieira, picking up the messy drawing.

Vieira blinks before she realizes he is joking, "really? I thought it had your wild eyebrows."