Chapter 6: Teardrops in a Monsoon

Începe de la început

He wrapped his servos around on of her own. Praying to what ever God was out there that who ever this was would be okay. He shut his optics trying not the let oily tears leak, he was tired of crying. He took a shuttering vent. Then he heard the low threatening growl...Cheetor's optics snapped open, to find her optics, her beautiful amber optics, piercing through him.

"Chicory?" he tried to call out to her.

It happened faster than his optics could see. The growl erupted from her throat, and her claws flashed across his faceplates. The scratches were burning, and he could feel them leaking warm and sticky energon. He flinched away for a moment, hearing her fall from the berth and clatter to the floor. Opening his optics, he watched her confusedly and clumsily scurry to the far corner of the med-bay. Her venting growing harsh and oily tears flowing from her optics.

And he saw it. The spot, shaped like the flower of which she was named, it wasn't exactly on her shoulder anymore, but he would recognize it anywhere. The tears came back with a vengeance. It truly was her.

This was Chicory. His sweet, fierce, beautiful Chicory. Curled up in a corner on the floor, ferally shaking and sobbing in fear. Her tail wrapped protectively around her body like it was the only thing keeping her from falling apart. Cheetor's spark was shattering at the sight, he wanted nothing more than to run up to her and comfort her, and he almost did, but...

"CHEETOR!" Optimus shouted as he and the other rushed into the med-bay, causing Cheetor whirl around, and Chicory to curl up into an even tighter ball.

"Spots, ya face..." Rattrap gaped.

"Let me look you over. She didn't get you anywhere else, did she?" Rhinox said, imminently grabbing his tools.

"No, no. Rhinox I'm fine," Cheetor tried to say.

"Fine? Kid ya leaking," Rattrap said.

Another snarl shattered through the med-bay. All attention turned back to the feral femme, whom Optimus was trying to approach. Said commander back up the moment the snarl was expressed, before glancing at Rhinox.

"Rhinox, get the sedative," Optimus ordered.

Sedative! This snapped Cheetor back into the present. What was a sedative going to do anyway? It would wear off eventually, and then what? Would they drug her again? Chicory wasn't deranged, she was just scared. Cheetor pulled himself out to the crowd of on edge maximals, and started towards the terrified femme.

"Cheetor!" His commander called after him.

He slowed down the closer he got. Lowering himself down to her level, he could now hear the sobs that were escaping with every vent. She didn't lash out, by the time he was practically in front of her.

"Chicory?" Cheetor whispered, trying not let his voice crack.

She shifted gently lifted her helm up just enough, for him to see her optics. Her pained golden optics. So, feral, so trapped, so clouded, so scared.

"Chicory? Can you hear me?"

Her gaze broke from him, a pale spark of recognition flashed in her optics, before more fear creeped up and drowned it out. As if she was scared that she could understand him.

"Hey, it's okay. You're okay. I know it's a little...weird...right now, but you're okay. You're going to be okay."

Her stare returned to him. She uncurled slightly, slowly raising an awkward servo toward Cheetor's faceplate. Everyone in the room froze, as she shakily traced the freshly made wounds. She stared at the scratches in horror, as if what she had done finally set in. New tears began to flush out of her optics, as she pulled her servo away and also stared at the appendage.