Chapter 6: Teardrops in a Monsoon

Cheetor stood at his place the command center. The last few megacycles had been stressful. The mysterious femme, had lashed out not too long after she was first brought online, and her claws meant business. The situation had actually gotten so out of control that Rhinox had to sedate her. Which led to the said emergency meeting he was now in to be called.

The young catbot's emotions were currently nothing but a tangled festering hot mess. There was confusion, grief, anger, sorrow, and even longing was joining the messed-up party. All he could think about was that poor femme who had woken up so confused, so scared. Even if she wasn't Chicory, she still looked like her and that made him want to help her. He wanted to be by her berth side, be there when she woke up, let her know that she wasn't alone. But he couldn't do that at the moment. He had to be at this meeting, he had to know what happened.

"So, Rhinox, Rattrap, what don't you give us a run down on what exactly happened?" Optimus said, rubbing upper face plate, like he was having a helm ache.

"Well, After the entire fiasco not long ago. I decided that I need to check on what kind of changes the protoform had obtained in the initial...experiment," Rhinox started.

"And boy...! It was certainly some changes!" Rattrap chimed in, "Ya should've seen Rhinox's face when he found dat the pod, the blank pod, now 'ad a life signal."

"It certain was shocking," Rhinox said.

"Life signal? So does it-she, have a spark?" Optimus asked.

Rhinox nodded solemnly, "It's smaller than average. More unstable. But it's a spark."

"Meaning dat da new dame in the da ship, isn't just some freaky Frankenstein's monster but an actual, living cybertronian. How in da fragging universe did da preds pulled dat off? I have no fraggin clue, but da sons of glitches did it," Rattrap stated.

"You have any idea?" Optimus turned to Rhinox.

"Either it's a miracle from Primus, or the predacons actually found a way to convert an organic life force into a cybertronian one," the maximal engineer explained.

"So, are you saying that she could really be Chicory?" Cheetor quietly and hesitantly asked.

"It is still more likely that pod was miss labeled," Dinobot spoke up.

"Actually, I believe this could go in any direction at this point. We'll only get our answer when she wakes up," Rhinox said.

Cheetor tuned out of the conversation, and eventually slipped out of the meeting. He couldn't take this anymore. He was quiet as he walked into the med-bay, and up to her berth. She must have stirred slightly in her obviously not restful sleep, as she was now in more curled up position the berth then the last time, he had seen her. A looked of agony written on her faceplate.

She really was a pretty little thing. Her frame while a little smaller than Cheetor's was quite similar to his, thought that could be contributed to the similar beast mode. And there still were many differences between them. She had crests on her helm, similar to his, but they were painted jet black and were companied by cat ears that would twitch from time to time. The torse was probably most like his, just a little slimmer. Her servos were much more paw like, compared to his normal gold-plated ones, still retaining the sharp black claws they would have in beast mode. Her thin legs stared out normal, but from just below the knee joint, they were entirely beast; covered in fur, completed with small paws instead of peds. She even got to keep her tail in bot mode.

Their colors were different at well. Sure, they were both cheetahs. Meaning their furs should have been similar, but her shade leaned over to the pale sandy side while his was a bright gold. Not mention due to her spot pattern she has much more black fur then Cheetor did. The spaces in-between the patches of fur, where the metal was visible, was colored a deep raspberry maroon, rather than the pale periwinkle blue that his metal was. And her faceplate, oh her faceplate. It was beautiful, with its painted patterns that looked so similar to whiskers. So young. So innocent. In so much pain. It made Cheetor want to cry.