Chapter 7: Taking action

Start from the beginning

Shouto looked down at his hand as they fidgeted with the hem of the shirt he was wearing. "Endeavor was too busy for training today, he mostly ignored us. It's better than what he usually does, I guess."

Izuku's anger boiled inside of him and he had to fight to keep his composure and not transform just to hug the sad teenager in front of him. What had Endeavor done to make being neglected seem so good in the eyes of the young Todoroki child? Izuku could bear to think about it.

"I got to pet a dog today. Well... maybe not a dog, but it was just as fluffy as I imagined. I wonder why we were never allowed to have pets," Shouto sighed, thinking about his interaction with Izuku earlier. It was such a new experience to him and he could still remember the warm feeling in his chest when Izuku had sat with him during break.

Shouto turned to look at the memorial for his older brother, he was the only one that visited it anymore. "I wish I could leave this place, Touya." He spoke so softly, Izuku could barely hear it.

He wanted to jump out and hug the boy so badly, to pet his hair and tell him everything would be okay.

He needs to save these children.

No. He will save these children.

_________________________

The next morning when Izuku and Katsuki walked into class, Izuku found his way to Shouto's desk where the heterochromatic boy sat silently as his classmates conversed around him.

The forest thing gently laid his head on the boy's lap, ignoring the jealous looks he got from everyone, including Katsuki.

Shouto looked down at the creature and petted his head gently, traces of a grin pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"Hello, Izuku. How are you today?" He asked, not expecting a verbal answer since dogs don't typically speak. But the wagging tail of the forest thing was answer enough for him. "I found this for you." He said as he stuck a small, dark green feather into the 'dogs' collar.

If only the students knew how much Izuku loved the little gifts and tokens they brought for him. Every button, every feather, every rock, Izuku loved them all. Of course, Katsuki knew, he had been bringing Izuku such gifts for as long as they had known each other, and Katsuki had to listen to Izuku ramble on and on about everything his classmates brought for him.

When Aizawa walked in and started the class, Izuku quietly slipped away, making his way down the hall towards Nedzu's office. As much as he wanted to listen to Aizawa's lecture or Kaminari and Sero's hushed jokes, he needed to have a little chat with the principal about some of the students at the school.

Izuku reached the door of the office and pushed it open with one of his big paws, he didn't need to knock. Knowing Nedzu he probably already knew the forest thing was there.

The office was simple. Bookshelves filled with books, notebooks, and files, a comfy couch across from Nedzu's desk, a few books and magazines laying on the coffee table. The rat sat at his desk, he had been talking to a skinny man with crazy blond hair when Izuku walked in. Why do so many people in this school have blond hair?

"Who-" The man paused, staring at Izuku only to turn away quickly after noticing the 'dogs' strange appearance. "Is that a dog?"

Nedzu's ever-present grin widened. "We've been calling him a dog, but we are aware that that is not the case." The rat turned his attention to the being that made himself comfortable on the couch while the uncomfortable-looking Small Might scooted away from him.

"Hello, Izuku," Nedzu greeted as he sauntered over to the kettle. "Did you come to have tea with me finally?"

Izuku took this as an invitation to change form. He would have done it anyway, but at least the principal was expecting it. Izuku felt slightly bad for the poor man who sat confused on the other side of the couch.

The familiar sound of cracking bones, breaking skin, and the rustling of clothes echoed in the office for a moment until the form of the dog was replaced with a teenage-looking boy with viridian hair and freckles.

Nedzu simply handed the forest thing a cup of hot tea, acting as if the beings strange presence was anything but strange.

"I came to speak with you. I'm worried about one of the kids." Izuku explained before sipping his tea. "The tea is delicious, Nedzu. Thank you."

"Isn't it just?" The rat smiled as he drank his own tea. "Which student are you worried about?"

"Nedzu, is this a student?" The blond man interrupted, confusion evident in his voice.

"Sorry, it was rude of me to not introduce myself." Izuku apologized, extending a hand with long fingers and dark claw-like nails for a handshake. "I'm Izuku," Izuku smiled. He didn't really have a last name, he always introduced himself as just Izuku whenever he met some, or at least Katsuki introduced him as such. Izuku and Katsuki are family, would he be considered a Bakugo? He'll have to ask later.

The man hesitantly shook Izuku's hand, he seemed at a loss for words.

"Izuku, this is All Might. I trust you won't tell anyone about his different appearance, having an odd appearance yourself." Nedzu smiled and poured himself another cup of tea.

Izuku nodded in understanding. "Now that introductions are out of the way, I'm going to be blunt, I'm worried about Shouto Todoroki and his siblings. I have reason to believe they are being mistreated."

All Might's eyes widened as he looked between Izuku and Nedzu, no doubt shocked by what the forest thing had just accused his fellow hero of doing.

"I appreciate you bringing this information to me, Izuku. This isn't a villain or a beast, it's not something you can deal with legally." Nedzu acknowledged. "I will talk to Detective Tsukauchi about investigating the Todoroki household."

"A thorough investigation." Izuku corrected. Nedzu and the forest thing nodded to each other before Izuku stood and left the office, letting the other two get back to whatever they were talking about before.

Hopefully, he made the right decision by telling someone instead of just killing Endeavor. He doesn't like killing people, but occasionally it's necessary.

Izuku would kill God if it meant his kids would be safe.