𝕾𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 ʍ𝖎𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖕

Hello everyone,
Here is the next part of this SS.

******

Not Proofread. Please ignore the mistakes and typos.

******

Continued from the last chapter

Arnav was very excited when Khushi agreed to give him a chance. "Thank you, thank you Khushi for forgiving me" and squeezed her in his embrace. Khushi slowly broke off the embrace and shook her head, "I haven't really forgiven you, Arnavji". He gazed at her in shock and confusion.

What was that supposed to mean? Didn't she say she wanted to give the relationship a shot? Then what happened? His eyes blurred as he thought she had changed her decision. He felt asphyxiation.

He somehow cleared his voice, "bu..but Khushi, you said", before he completed, Khushi raised her hand to stop him and said, "I know Arnavji what you wanted to say. I know, I told you that, I didn't want you to walk away from our relationship. But that doesn't mean that I forgave you". He was baffled.

She sighed at his bewildered stance. "I wanted to give our relationship a chance because marriage is not a game. It's a lifetime commitment, and I don't want to throw it in your face just because you made a mistake. But it wasn't easy for me to forgive you. You would have to earn it. And as for letting you take my responsibility, I'm not going to do it at the moment, Arnavji. I am sorry".

"Why Khushi? Why didn't you let me take care of my responsibilities as husband"? His voice suddenly got sharpened. "Your answer lied in your question, Arnavji", she said with calmness. "Husband. That one word 'husband' meant the world to any girl, and you broke it before it became my world. I still don't consider you my husband". She looked up at her husband's painful face before proceeding.

"My point was that I wanted to begin our relationship as a friend, not as a husband and wife. Because, not only me, but you also didn't consider me your wife from the bottom of your heart. And deep down, you knew it, too". She wanted to convey to him her perspective about the present status of their relationship.

"No Khushi, that's not how it was", he shook his head with all his might. "It was like this, Arnavji. Did you really want me to believe that in a couple of days, you moved on from your first love and started taking me for your wife? If yes, then you were only deceiving yourself". She was blatantly sarcastic.

"I knew you had a terrible past, and I really admired you for your loyalty to your relationship. You were trying to be faithful to your first love or attraction. But, at the same time, you had no right to judge another person and insult him without knowing him or her and when that person was your wife". Her voice bore no accusation, and it stung him more.

The only thing he could do was to bow his head shamefully before her. "Arnavji, I too have had a bad past. Not just the past, but all my life was a nightmare. At least you got your Di, a senior brother in the form of Shyam bhai but me? There was no one. The relations I had in my life were merely pretensions. They just kept me there for the money, that's all. But just because I had a bitter past, I never left to be positive. I never ceased to see the bright side of life."

He nodded quietly, understanding the dots. "But you did and that's why, Sanchiji took advantage of you and your vulnerability and after her, you shut your emotions and when you came to know about her truth, I became your substitute and only out of pity you wanted to give our relationship a chance and that's why"....

Before she could finish, when she heard his harsh and painful voice. "Don't Khushi, never say that I treated you as her replacement and that I wanted to give our relationship a chance out of pity. I told you before that I wanted to give us a chance because I wanted to live my life as a normal person does". His voice was smothered.