Chapter 2

(Y/N) didn't think, her body was already reacting as she dropped the sandwich and jumped to her feet, her bag flung over her shoulder as she hurried toward the town. Her eyes were trained on the many citizens that were already feeling, and she met the crowd halfway, immediately switching into hero mode.

"Everyone run to the hills!" She yelled, waving her hand towards the direction she came, "Stay out of the city until the Resistance comes to find you!"

Most of the citizens followed suit, some looking unsure and worried. There wasn't much else the (a/t) could do for them, aside from keep them away from the danger. She continued towards the city, making sure to yell her instructions whenever she could. Hopefully the people would hear her, and hopefully they wouldn't go too far. She didn't want people to have to run from their homes once again.

She got closer to the city, and now she was able to see the crab swinging its large claws around, knocking into buildings and causing debris to tumble towards the panicking crowd. The (a/t) saw part of an office wall falling towards an elderly couple, the sheep cowering in submission. She pulled out her grappling hook and shot it into a building, pushing off the ground and swinging at them. She managed to click the weapon to her belt, before grabbing the couple in her arms and out of harm's way, the wall crashing behind them.

Their feet met the ground and the couple turned to her, eyes squinted and smiles pushing more wrinkles into their faces.

"Thank you deary." The older lady said, grasping her hands.

"No problem." (Y/N) said, before telling them to head to the hills. The two nodded and waved her off as she continued on, calling the grappling hook back as she looked out for more danger. The further into the city she goes, the less people there are, and it eventually becomes dead. The city was abandoned, not a soul in sight. Good, that meant she could focus on the problem at hand.

Loud thuds came from her right, and the giant red crab scuttled into view. The (a/t) jumped out of view, examining it from behind a large garbage bin. The gigantic robot scuttled through the buildings, spinning around rapidly. Its large claws hit buildings, but the structures barely slowed down its movement. It ripped through the skyscrapers like they were made of paper. (Y/N) watched it, trying to figure out a way to stop it, or at least remove it from the city and away from the innocent bystanders.

One of its many legs came crashing down, right next to her, causing the (a/t) to jump. She shook her head, moving her hand to her side. Her grappling hook would be the best option here, she could trip the robot up but what would she do next? She didn't have anything to destroy the robot with.

A shadow appeared over her, and the (a/t) lifted her head.

She barely had time to react as the metallic stump came crashing down. But, luckily for (Y/N), a rosy, red hammer came flying out of nowhere, whacking the leg out from under the crab and making it stumble back and away from her. The crab crashed into another building, making it crumble like nothing below it, the robot struggled to get back to its feet.

(Y/N) shook her head, taken back by the sudden actions. She had nearly been crushed, but someone had saved her, and she could recognise that hammer anywhere.

"Amy!" The (a/t) called out, running out of the ally and nearly into the arms of a pink hedgehog. Amy seemed almost as shocked as the (a/t) was. She blinked, clearly processing the fact that (Y/N) was here before a smile spread over her muzzle.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" She asked, pulling the other into a hug.

"Same as you it seems." The (a/t) chuckled, rubbing her head sheepishly.

The hedgehog lifted her head to the robot, "Well, that's convenient. Do you know why this thing is here?"

"No clue." The (a/t) shook her head, "I was just travelling between towns, and I noticed this place was under attack. I was going to use my grappling hook to trip it, but that was as far as planning got before you arrived."