❄Chapter 9❄

"Kid...Hey kid." Peter sighed as he began to stir awake. "Mmmm wwhhhaaaa-" He groaned. "Kid, we're here, gotta let the girl go home." Peter slowly began to comprehend what was being said to him and forced his eyes to open. Happy was leant over the driver seat, looking at him with a tired expression on his face.

"Huh?" Peter asked once he began to process his surroundings. That's when he noticed the weight on his shoulder. He looked to his right, and saw Michelle, just as asleep as he had been just moments ago, resting on his shoulder. His heart panged at the sight. Oh my god, she's so cute when she sleeps.

Her cheeks were all puffy and her lips had fallen open slightly, looking incredibly plump and kissable. Happy's here, Happy's here. Not now, Peter. Not now, not a good time.

As much as he didn't want to, he began to lightly lift his shoulder, carefully lifting her head up and down. "MJ? MJ, you need to wake up." She took a big breath in before letting out a huge sigh. "MJ?" Peter asked again when she settled back in against his shoulder. "What?" Her low voice responded immediately, clearly not amused with being woken up. Please don't kill me, I know how you don't like to be woken up.

"MJ, we're at you're place, you need to wake up so you can go inside. Once you do then you can go back to sleep, okay?" Peter said, making his voice as pleasing and reasonable as he could manage. He was pretty alert now. He needed to be when waking her. One wrong move or word and he would be dead.

She let out another heavy exhale before slowly lifting her head, the spot on his shoulder becoming cold without her presence. Her eyes opened, just slightly. She looked around the car, noticing her surroundings, and let out a sigh that Peter hoped meant that she realised he was right and that she needed to wake up.

But instead, her head just dropped back onto his shoulder. "Can't I just sleep for a few more minutes while we go and I stay at your place?" Peter tried not to blush as her sleepy, almost sensual voice, made him all flustered from her words, especially because Happy was right there.

He quickly forced his brain to come up with a response. "Uh... no, MJ. You should probably be with your family Christmas morning." He hoped his reasoning would convince her. Thankfully she sighed again and got back up from his shoulder, seeming to be a bit more awake than before. "Fine, you're probably right."

She rubbed her eyes and looked at him. "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Peter nodded. "Yeah, we're all gonna meet up at mine for dinner, remember? Me, you, our families and Ned." Her expression showed that she seemed to remember and she loosely nodded as well.

"Okay. Night Peter." She said, trying her best to smile sweetly at him. Peter gave her a toothy grin in reaction to the adorable sight. "Night, my MJ," he whispered, before leaning over quickly and planting a caste kiss on her cheek. Peter glanced at Happy as he pulled away and was relieved to see he was attempting to give them some form of privacy by looking away. Still was a little embarrassing that he had to witness this though.

Peter then watched as Michelle opened the door of the car and slowly pulled herself out, stepping on the curve. "Just wait a minute, Happy. I wanna make sure she gets in alright." Peter whispered to the man. Happy grunted in response which Peter guessed was a yes.

She shut the door behind her and started to walk towards the lobby of her apartment building. Peter couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked in the nighttime scenery with how dressed up and breathtaking she looked. He couldn't form words. She turned back to look at the car as she stopped just outside the doors, locking eyes with him and waving. Peter waved back, and once she turned and walked inside, disappearing from sight, Peter felt satisfied that she had gotten home safe.