❄Chapter 6❄

A/N - Hello all. You have all probably noticed that I have not updated this story for a while, a few months actually. Those of you who follow me and saw the announcement I put out will know why I had to take some time off, but I will elaborate now for those who don't know.
Right after I uploaded Chapter 5, a family member who I was very close to passed away after battling a sickness. It happened very quickly and everyone in my family were struck hard by their loss.
I needed some time to deal with it, and I haven't been feeling myself for a while. I've tried to sit down and write this chapter a few times, but each time I felt stuck and my writing was awful. After spending time with my family, but also by myself, I started to feel better and I feel I can properly come back now.
Apologies to all of those who are enjoying this book and have been waiting for the next chapter, but I wanted to write when I felt like I could do so properly.
Thank you to those who offered support and kind words after my initial announcement - It helped relieve a bit of the guilt I was feeling for stepping back for a while.
Hopefully I can get back into the grove of a constant upload schedule, but I may be a bit slow for a while. Please bear with me :)
I love you all and hope you are enjoying this so far. Now, onto the story!

Peter kept stealing glances at the girl sitting beside him, unable to distract himself from how stunning Michelle looked. He kept replaying the scene when she walked out from the lobby. He so rarely saw her in a dress, and even more rarely dressed up, but every time her beauty hit him like a ton of bricks. She had stepped out onto the street, and his breath had caught in his throat, and tried to find the words to tell her how truly beautiful she looked. But all that came out was "Woa-I mean-gorgeous-I mean-pretty very you- I mean....... You look nice..."

He had blushed a burning red at his stammering, but she just laughed and smiled widely at him, clearly amused he was so flustered by her. "You look nice, too" she had said as she approached, gently placing a hand on his arm and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Peter had tried to compose himself as he held the car door open for her, his attempt at chivalry making her huff a laugh, before she mockingly curtsied and got it, sliding across so he could go in after her. "Good to go," he had said to Happy, their driver, who only grunted in response. Clearly very happy to be playing chaperone.

"So, where is this Gala taking place?" Michelle asked, drawing Peter out of his trance. "The Avengers Compound," Peter answered. "It's not too far outside the city, shouldn't take too long to get there - if traffic isn't bad, that is." Michelle nodded her head. "So, will there be other Avengers there?"

Peter nodded, quickly glancing at Happy to see if he was allowed to talk about who might or might not be there, and why. Happy met his gaze and shrugged. Guess that's good enough.
"There might be a few. After Berlin there are some that are probably either keeping their distance or aren't allowed to come, but I guess we'll see when we get there. Mr. Stark will be there, as will War Machine and probably Black Widow. The rest - not sure."

"Okay, sound's cool. Maybe I'll ask Black Widow to teach me some kickass moves. She's a badass." Peter rolled his eyes fondly at her, not surpised that she would want to talk to Natasha about that. "Yeah, she is. I haven't spoken to her much, but she's really cool. She intimidates me a bit actually." Michelle snorted.

Conversation was simple the rest of the way to the compound, mostly filled with Happy warning Peter and Michelle, mainly Peter, about the rules and to behave and not make foils out of themselves.

As the compound came into view, Peter watched Michelle's eyes widen as she took in the grand building. "It's bigger than I expected." Peter understood that. "Yeah, it was kinda hard to get used to the first few times I came here. Kinda glad that I turned down Mr Starks offer and don't have to live here. I think the grandness of it all would freak me out after a while."

"Really? You would have lived here?" Michelle was looking at him with a surprised expression. Peter nodded, staring off at the building, eyes glazing over. "Would you have missed May?"

"Yeah, of course, but not just her. I like the comfort of our small apartment." After the car was silent for a moment, Peter looked away from the window and to the beautiful girl beside him, who he was surpised to see staring at him endearingly.

"What?" Michelle chuckled, "You're adorable." Peter chuckled and blushed a little. Happy pulled up outside the building, where there were many fancy cars were pulled up, dropping off extravagant looking people. "You ready to face the music?" Peter asked her. He knew that crowded situations like this were never Michelle's thing, and even though she had told him she would be fine, he would keep an eye on her, looking out for signs that her social interaction meter had run out for the night and she was starting to shut down.

She shrugged, "As ready as I'll ever be." Peter hopped our first before going over to her side and opening the door for her. She snorted, "So chivalrous." He offered her his hand which she took quickly, clasping it tightly as he helped her out of the car. Together they turned towards the large building, before sharing a glance, taking a deep breath, and walking through the main doors hand in hand.

A/N - I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, as short as it was.
I wanted to get something out for you guys, even though I'm in a bit of a writing slump.

Thanks for your support guys. I love you all.

Comment your thoughts, vote and follow me for updates.

♡♡♡