❄Chapter 5❄

"Here. Come down when your ready." Michelle looked at the text from Peter and smiled, putting down her book and pushing herself out of bed. She had already dressed and gotten ready, so she was waiting for the go-ahead to meet Peter and some guy named Happy that works for Tony Stark to take them to get some fancy clothes for the Christmas Eve Gala in two nights.

"Bye Mum! I'll be back later," Michelle called as she approached the door, swinging her backpack onto her shoulder. "Okay, honey. Have fun! Say 'Hi' to Peter for me!" Michelle chuckled, "Sure thing," before stepping out into the hall and shutting the front door behind her. She made her way downstairs, through the lobby and onto the street, where she almost immediately spotted the fancy black car parked just in front of the building.

The back door opened and Peter stepped out, "Hey, you ready?" he asked with a smile. Michelle approached him and nodded, "Yep. Time to try on a bunch of girly clothes - Fun." Peter chuckled before stepping back into the car, sliding across the back to the other side. Michelle stepped in after him and looked at the guy in a suit and wearing sunglasses in the front. "You must be Happy," Michelle said as she shut the door.

He pulled back out onto the street and began driving to wherever they were going. "Yes. And if you two could keep it appropriate back there it would be much appreciated." Michelle and Peter both immediately blushed. "Happy... really man?" Peter said, embarrassed. Michelle heard him chuckle before focusing his full attention back on the road.

Peter and Michelle sat in a comfortable silence in the back for most of the road, hands intertwined and Peter's thumb caressing her hand lightly. It sent pinpricks up Michelle's arm but she tried not to react outwardly. It took about twenty minutes due to traffic but eventually Happy pulled up outside an expensive looking store.

Peter opened the back door and Michelle slid out after him. Happy led the teens into the store, and immediately a woman approached the group. "How may I help you today, sir?" she asked, speaking to Happy. "These two need clothes appropriate for a high-level Gala. Price doesn't matter. Help them however you can." He said, before grabbing his phone, approaching a small seating area near the front of the store, because it was that big and fancy that it had an actual seating area, with lavish sofas and a table with refreshments.

Michelle looked at Peter, and they both exchanged an apprehensive look, before they were promptly swooped up by employees who took them to changing rooms and began to measure them both. "Uh, what's all this for?" Michelle asked as three women circled her. This is so weird. Can't I just try the clothes myself? I'm perfectly capable of doing it on my own, why do I need three people to help me?

"We are grabbing your measurements, Miss, so we can bring you dresses in your correct size." Michelle nodded. After they were done a short lady asked her, "Do you have any particular preference for dresses, Miss?" Michelle snorted, knowing that it made her look incredibly un-ladylike but she couldn't help herself. I barely wear dresses so I don't think I'm all that qualified. I'll try anything, I guess."

The women seemed positively thrilled by the thought that they had full freedom with all styles and colours, and they all disappeared from the dressing room. They were only gone for a few minutes, but somehow they had each collected nearly ten dresses each, all in a variety of colours and styles, and so began the rollercoaster of a ride that was trying on all the dresses.

~~

Almost two hours had passed, and at this point Michelle was exhausted and just wanted to go home to her books, but thankfully, after trying on dress after dress after dress, she finally settled on one that she liked and that she thought suited her. It was a knee-length navy blue dress, with lace sleeves that went half-way down her arm and a layer of lace covering the rest of the dress. It was nice, certainly appropriate for the Gala. It's simple. Not too much or too out there or too...well... not me.