Showers (Pt. 1)

Angin tapped his foot impatiently, glancing at his watch for the millionth time. His cheeks were puffed out in annoyance and he scratched his hair again.

He whined, the person in front of him clicking his tongue.

"Quit it Angin, it's not helping our predicament. I might bust my brains out if you keep doing that."

"But Cahaya it's been almost two hours and they're still not done in the showers. How long do they have to be in there? I'm almost gonna pee my pants."

In front of Cahaya was Petir, who had his towel slung on his shoulder as he focused on stopping himself from just breaking the door down. His hair was mussed from sleep and his eyebrows were scrunched in distaste.

"If they're not done in five minutes I'm kicking the door down myself."

Five of the brothers were outside lined by the hallway, impatiently waiting for the first set of twins to finish their baths. The second floor had two bathrooms and it just so happened that Air and Api had taken first dibs.

Air taking long in the bathroom was understandable as he tended to move slowly but never did he take too long such as a couple hours.

Api was a little suspicious, though. All his baths were quick that sometimes Tanah had to check if he really did bathe and not just stand under the shower head for a few seconds. It was good he was taking baths seriously but not in this ridiculous amount of time.

The bathroom downstairs wasn't being used as it spurted out too much water in such little time enough to fill up the whole house in mere seconds. They all knew this because once Angin had taken a bath in there and the aftermath wasn't pretty. They still haven't had time to call the plumber due to their busy schedules.

Unfortunately they didn't know it took so long for Api and Air to shower, thus with each brother waking up, the line got longer. And now the first one in the line was Tanah, followed by Daun, then Petir, Cahaya, and finally, Angin, who was not happy that he was last.

"Ugh this is so unfortunate," Daun said, stretching his shower cap to somehow pass the time. "I need to tend to my azalea flowers else they might wither."

Petir sighed in annoyance, pinching his nostrils.

"Tell me about it, Daun."

"Ooh you wanna help me replant them, Petir?"

Petir could only sigh and facepalm.

Tanah contemplated knocking on the doors again to somehow ask but held still, tightening his grip on his shampoo bottle and counting to ten in order to keep calm.

Cahaya was calculating the time left to test on minerals with the unexpected hold up in something so simple as a bath! Sooner or later he would send a light shot to both bathroom doors and shove the first set of twins out naked or not.

"Why am I last?" Angin whined as he held his rubber ducky close to his chest.

"As if it wasn't apparent, you woke up late and took almost an hour to come out your room while the rest of us were either busy with something else or already in line," Cahaya said with an air of superiority as he cleaned his visors. "Therefore with the given facts above you are inevitably at the back."

Angin grumbled even more, mood dampening after Cahaya straight-up presented and stated the obvious in a roundabout way. Why did he always have to elaborate? Couldn't he keep it short and simple like how Air does it?

"Shut up before I knock your teeth out," Petir said as if reading Angin's thoughts, glaring at Cahaya.

Cahaya only ignored him and said loudly, "It's been exactly two hours and we're still standing here waiting to bathe. What is taking those two so long?"