New Hyrule

The sun shines through the windows curtains, illuminating the reflective shield that had previously aided the sleeping hero greatly in his past journeys. It creates a beam of light, which flashes the slumbering mans eyes. He groans at the rude awakening. His hands raise towards the ceiling as they prepare to optimize their potential mobility. Joining in, his legs stretch towards the end of the bed, adjusting to their daily beginnings. His body springs to action and begins to follow his daily morning routine: Manage to wake up, get dressed, and head out to "have fun". Accomplishing his task, he runs out the door, leaving his messy quarters behind.

Link and Pipit sit next to each other, silently enjoy their own meals together. Both of the soldiers peaceful mornings are interrupted when Groose decides to slam his plate of pure protein onto the table, followed by furiously sitting down next to Pipit. "Well, Well, if it isn't Mister Piss and Mister Shit", Groose exclaims as he shoves a chunk of ham into his mouth.

Pipit's side eyes are filled with disgust as Groose absolutely devours his meal; Link continues to eat, ignoring Groose's hectic actions. This agitates the red haired man, making his desire for a scuffle with the silent blonde rise. "So Link, what will you be doing today?" Groose ask.

Link looks up to Groose, and unlike Groose, Link is about to be done with his plate. "Aid Zelda, then train..." He gets up from his seat and softly groans under his breath. It was going to be another day of the same duties with the same outcomes.

Life had gotten quite tame as soon as the new Kingdom of Hyrule had been established on the Surface. After Link and Zelda decided to remain on land, various citizens from Skyloft decided to join them on their "thrilling" journey to create a new settlement, and of those citizens, Groose and Pipit had earned their positions as Patrol Leaders, with Link as their leading commander.

Unfortunately, these titles held little to no meaning. There was not much danger to protect the citizens from...there wasn't many citizens to begin with. Life on the Surface was somehow more peaceful than living on Skyloft, at least to Link it was. The biggest issue that Hyrule had (and would always have) was the amount of untamed grass. That is actually what Link and Zelda's day would consist of; cutting the grass to hopefully establish pathways in order to create a town square.

Link leaves Pipit and Groose alone to eat breakfast next to each other. The two argue as Link leaves the dining quarters.

"C'mon Link! Put your back into it!" Zelda says as she sits under a shaded tree; in her hand she possesses the layout for future Hyrule. The sun starts to set as Link trims away the grass with one of Zelda's latest invention. According to her, it was especially made for "Her Hero", and could only be operated by him, excluding her from performing any hard labor.

Link grunts as the thick grass fights against the flawed machine. His sweat starts to gather, making his clothes stick to him. He pushes harder in hopes to finish his job quicker.

With her hair in a singular braid, Zelda gently places flowers into it. She looks up to her beloved Hero, truly infatuated with his amazing, strong physique. His broad shoulders, narrow hips, sturdy abdomen; she is madly in love with it all. The princess blushes as the Hero wipes away his sweat; her cherished memories of the times shared before with him start to come to mind. Zelda looks down and smiles. Link is her one and only true love. Link is her everything, as she was to him. Link is her hero, her partner, and she was certain the feelings were mutual.

"Heya Princess..." Groose whispers as he pops out behind the tree Zelda stands under. She quickly turns around, angered that he interrupted her memories of love. She turns around, hitting Groose right in the head. He falls to the floor in an exaggerated manner and rubs the affected area. Zelda crosses her arms, "Groose! Why would you scare me like that!" Zelda yells.

"I just wanted to see your cute shocked face..." Groose mumbles. Zelda stands up and shoves a hand in his flustered face, in which he gladly grabs. Groose stands up, "Anyways, Princess, I would like to have a word with you...uhm...privately." Groose says as he stands in a soldier salute position. His face reddens as Zelda nods her head. Before the two head off, Zelda raises her hand to Link, allowing him to stop his duties as Commander. Link smiles and takes off.

Groose looks up at the setting sun with one of his hands behind his head. His face even more red than before, he turns to look at Zelda, who is simply enjoying the view of potential Hyrule territory. "So...princess..." Groose starts off. "I was wondering...if we could perhaps..." He awkwardly pauses as Zelda's eyes divert to him. "If...you'd ever be interested in going out—" before Groose could finish, Zelda raises her hand.

"Groose, we've already been through this." She turns her back to Groose and starts to daydream. "My true love is Link! We are destined by the Goddesses above to be together..." Zelda grabs Groose's hands, forcing the two to make eye contact. "You and I will never, ever be together." Zelda bluntly says, her mouth twisting into a generous smile. Groose looks down at his feet, saddened by the outcome of his request, then nods his head. The princess lets go of the man's hands, then walks away towards her the soldiers quarters.

Link stands in front of the Goddess Temple that existed on the Surface long before he ever did. His eyes divert to the worn down entrance; deep within lies Fi, who remains in a meditative state. He starts his way in.

The Hero would always come to visit the temple, as he loved his companions beyond all else. He would always wish the three of them would stay by each other's side forever...

"Three?" He questions under his breath. It was only him and Fi, who was the third?

He starts walking into the Temple, electing to forget his intrusive questioning and to start focusing on the positive. He joyfully recalls his time on the battlefield, his dangerous climbs on the walls of this Temple, where he slayed the monsters from dusk till dawn...Link missed having a purpose in life greater than him. He reaches the mid way of the cave and stops, refusing to interrupt Fi's eternal meditation, but something is wrong...horribly wrong...Evil and malintent spews out from the ending side of the tunnel.

Link slowly approaches the door at the end that separates him and his former weapon; In the past days, the slight cracks of the door would allow a beautiful hue of blue to spill out, but today only a dull violet light with an ominous aura forced its way through. The hero could feel his heart stop. What is happening to Fi? Could she fight this evil on her own?  "This may destroy Hyrule..." Link thought. He slowly pushes at the door, not realizing what's to come.

*** Authors Note: Helo , thank you for reading my first story ever. I live for this ship lel ***