A Wierd Day with Sect Leader Lan

Jiang Cheng POV

After I stormed off, I walked hastily to my quarters.

What the fuck was that?

I literally lost my composure in front of... him.

SHITT!!

I took a deep breath and made my way back to the study after getting confirmation that he's currently in his assigned quarters.

Good gods! What the hell is wrong with you,Jiang Cheng! He is the sect leader of an ally sect! You need to keep good relations with him! I did it out of spite?

For fuck's sake!

After a long rant in my mind, I decided there's no point in contemplating it, so I went on to do the rest of the paperworks.

I decided to have my dinner in my quarters then with the rest of the disciples, a tradition that started ever since we've rebuilt the sect as sect leader Lan's welcoming banquet will be held tomorrow and I'm too fucking tired to go anywhere or talk to anyone for that matter.

The next day, I made my way to the front of Lotus Pier, hoping to the gods that this 'tour' won't be awkward. But then again, when did the gods have ever been on my side anyways.

I stared at the still and calm lake, chuckling a little at the antics I used to do with A-jie and... him. How A-niang used to scold us for not practicing and how A-jie used to make us Lotus Root soup after A-niang forced us to practice until sundown for punishment.

Without knowing, I let a small smile slip out of my usually scowling face and unknown to me it was seen by the man in white.

Said man came towards me and cleared his throat which caught me of guard.

"Sect leader Jiang!" Zewujun greeted me.

"Sect leader Lan!" I replied.

"Shall we begin the tour then?" I gestured towards the village.

"Ofcourse," he agreed,smiling.

Then we both made our way around the village. We went to vendors and greeted the villagers that came to greet us.

After an hour, my arm's full of sweets, bread, cakes, and many other things that the villagers gave me that Zewujun had to help me carry them all.

We decided to take a break and went to a nearby restaurant that served a decent Lotus Root soup though it wasn't as good as A-jie's but it's still good.

The owner quickly came to us and escorted us to a private room upstairs where the VIP lounge was situated when he recognised me.

"How are you enjoying Lotus Pier,Zewujun?" I asked amicably.

"I've been enjoying it quite well,thank you sect leader Jiang!" he replied calmly.

"Though has it always been like this?" he inquired vaguely.

"Like what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well,it just seems your people love you very much,sect leader Jiang! Looking at the gifts you've received," Zewujun chuckled while nudging slightly at the gifts scattered all across the room.

I looked away as I felt my cheeks getting warm.

Actually,I've only been close to the villagers since 2 years ago. Before that I usually just lock myself in my study and just give orders to the disciples. I only go out if there's a hunt, a conference meeting, or a big celebration. Other than that, I just keep to myself.

But after that night, I decided that being alone would just drive me mad,so it sort of became a routine for me to take a stroll along the village and look at what the vendors were selling.

At first they were wary of me, but after some months they started to get used to me and a few months after that they were able to interact with me. I've gotten to know some of them quite well, auntie Zhou who sold Lotus cake, uncle Rhou who sold sweets, and some others.

After that, we've become quite close that it became sort of a routine for me to hold a banquet every few months in the sect for the villagers and in turn everytime I go out they usually would give me many sweets and at times invite me to their home.

I shook my head after I realized that I blanked out for a second.

"Yes,though it's usually not as hectic as today.Maybe it's because I brought a guest with me, that... never happened before,well...at least for a long time!" I finally replied,snapping myself back to reality.

"I see," he simply said, sipping his tea.

"Sect leader Jiang, about what you said yesterday-" he tried to say but bit him into it.

"I meant it! But I am sorry that I've offended you with my words Zewujun, I shouldn't have snapped like that !" I interrupted, lowering my head.

Across from me,I could hear a melodious chuckle coming from him.

"What's so funny?" I unknowingly asked which made me widen my eyes.

"Apologies,sect leader Lan! I do not mean to be rude," I apologized again which inturn made him laugh more.

I looked up and just stared at him chuckling along with a flabbergasted look on my face.

Gods, he's beautiful! And...

Snap out of it Jiang Cheng!

I put on my poker face and waited for him to stop.

"It's fine,sect leader Jiang!" he said,mirth still lacing his voice and eyes.

I was about to reply when we heard a scream from down stairs, we both looked at each other and nodded our heads.

We both quickly made our way to the first floor and saw a fierce corpse making its way to the middle of the restaurant.

We both looked at each other and quickly pulled out our swords and went towards the fierce corpse.

We stood in front of it, swords raised when he just stood there and looked at us blankly. I raised my eyebrow at this.

Fierce corps aren't usually this docile and there's something quiet strange with this one as it doesn't look like it's being controlled but it's not all there either.

I looked around me and noticed that he didn't hurt anyone. I frowned and decided to use Zidian to trap it.

We decided it had been quite an eventful day,so we went home bringing the fierce corpse with us.

When I arrived,I told the disciples to bring the gifts in the restaurant and escorted the fierce corps myself to the dungeon. I was so lost in own mind trying to figure what the hell happened, how the hell did the fierce corps managed to go into the heart of Yunmeng without anyone noticing, what sort of measures that should be done to stop this from ever happening again,etc. that I didn't realise Zewujun was following me down to the dungeons.

"I believe it would be beneficial to interrogate him after we've had our rest, sect leader Jiang!" he said from behind me which startled me.

"Ah right, forgive me, sect leader Lan! I believe it's time for your welcoming banquet, perhaps you would like to freshen up first?" I asked.

"It's fine,sect leader Jiang! Although if it's alright with you,I would like to help on the investigation and yes I believe we both should," he chuckled at the end.

"Right!" I murmured.

"And your help would be greatly appreciated,sect leader Lan!" I said,bowing.

"No need,sect leader Jiang!" Zewujun replied.

And then we both went up and went our separate ways.