Part three

As quick as Billie had turned around to introduce herself, she just as quickly had opened the sliding glass door, letting all of the warm air and noise seep from out from the house. Venus stepped through the frame, wondering why she had felt the need to tell her her name like that, but Billie always had a flair for the dramatic and wanted the moment to be memorable. Her philosophy was that even if you didn't walk away from a girl with their number right now, if you at least left your name in her mind, then most of the work was done.

Both of them had stood awkwardly at the door, almost like they didn't know what to do. Venus didn't know the house very well so she had planned on following Billie, and Billie, well, wasn't completely sober.

"Should we go upstairs? I didn't see her when I was down here earlier."

"What? I can't hear you!" 

"SHOULD WE- oh fuck it, it's too loud in here." Venus looks around for the stairs and finds them across the room. She grabs Billie's arm and starts to drag her towards them and Billie then understands what she was trying to say. For a reason that Venus couldn't think of, people thought it was fun to just be in the way all the time and not aware of their surroundings. She had to push and squeeze past people to get to where they needed to be, and Billie being almost like dead weight behind her wasn't helping. Once they had reached the steps, she motioned for Billie to go up a couple so they could be eye level.

She leans forward and speaks into Billie's ear. "I said, should we look upstairs? We're here now though, so it doesn't matter."

"Oh yeah, sorry, I couldn't hear you. There's nothing but a couple bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, so I didn't think she would be up there."

"Well I didn't see her when I was down here earlier, and what if Luna had to use the bathroom, wouldn't she be upstairs?"

Billie raises her arm and scratches the back of her head sheepishly. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry, i've already had a few drinks, i'm not thinking too straight."

"It's okay, let's just look so I can go home." They both climbed the stairs one right after the other, Billie for the first time wondering if she looked okay and Venus counting how many steps there are. They had reached the top of the stairs and came to a small hallway. Billie wasn't lying, she thought. There really isn't as much space up here as one would think, but that just made it easier to find who she was looking for, if she was even up here. Billie wasn't too concerned about finding Luna though because that meant that she would be leaving soon. She had decided that she was going to try and get some information out of her before she was gone for good. "So, I haven't seen you around campus before, do you go here?"

"Yes, I do. Are these the rooms you were talking about?"

Venus could tell what she was trying to do and she did not want to participate in this little get to know you session. She was thankful that Billie was helping her out, but that was all she wanted. Billie already knew that she was going to have to put in some work with this one. So she pointed to the doors and fired off with another quick question.

"That's the bathroom, and these are the two bedrooms. I study music, what do you study?"

Venus turned towards the door that she now knew was the bathroom and rolled her eyes. "I'm studying software engineering, which is probably why we haven't seen each other, since those two buildings are on the opposite sides of campus. I'm gonna look in bathroom first." Venus knocked on the door of the bathroom and waited for someone to say something. When she didn't hear anything she opened the door slowly just in case, but halfway through she swung it open, realizing that it was empty.

"Okay, well, she's not in the bathroom." While Venus was looking in the bathroom, Billie took a peek into the first bedroom. It looked like a library almost, with shelves and shelves of books stacked along the wall. She couldn't see everything in the room but the light that had shone in from the hallway when she opened the door was enough.