Part One

12/02/21 A/N: Sorry for giving you another notification. I haven't posted the next chapter yet, but it's coming! The chapters so far are written the same, the only difference is that Isabela is now Venus! I was getting some flack from a friend for the name since it's mine 🙄 so I changed it. Okay, that's it! Don't forget to vote! ❤️

--

Venus knew that her life was fairly boring. She didn't do anything but study and workout for the swim team. Her girlfriend would try to get her to go out all the time, but she just didn't want to get distracted. They had been together for about a year, but it was a relationship out of convenience. Being on the swim team made her somewhat popular around the campus, and she felt it was easier to be with one person than to have people gossip. She didn't have time to put away rumors, she had to study. It was also a better alternative to actually caring for someone anyway.

Her girlfriend, Luna, knew this; and knew that she had just got lucky that when she asked to go out with her, Venus had come to this conclusion. They only went on two dates the whole time they've been together and while it made Luna sad, she still tried because she genuinely liked her. Lately though, it feels as though Venus's patience is wearing thin. She's always scared that one day she'll just break up with her out of the blue and say those words that she knows is true, but never wants to hear. Just once, she wanted to feel like an actual couple.

"I don't understand why you won't come just this one time! All you do is stick your nose in those textbooks and you don't spend any time with me." They were both walking, Luna more like jogging, to their cars after school. Venus had a long stride and while she did get picked on for her height when she was little, she learned to take advantage of it in the pool. It also comes in handy for getting away from people that she doesn't want to talk to. Like now.

There was going to be a little house party tonight, just a few of Luna's friends. She just wanted Venus to meet them, socialize a little, nothing too crazy.

"I told you already, no. I have to study for my final exams. I don't quite have this code down and I need it to be perfect if I want high marks."

"I'm sure it's perfect. You're at the top of your class. Don't you want to hang out with your girlfriend tonight? Take a break?"

"No. Why don't you go and have a good time for the both of us. Tell your friends I said hi."

Luna huffed. She never wins these arguments.

"Fine. I'll go without you." She spun on her heel and started heading toward her car that they had passed a moment ago, determined more than ever to forget about her tonight and take her mind off of the exams she had as well. Two could play at that game, and she was done chasing her.

-

Venus never knew why Luna wasn't more understanding of her situation. She had to study and be at the top of her class so that she could keep her scholarship. She's the first person in her family to go to college and graduate. Her mom has done every thing in her power to be able to give Venus the education she never had and she can't waste it by going to parties every weekend. This women tech scholarship and the money that her mom had been saving since she was born are the only reasons she's able to go to this university. Computer engineering isn't exactly the easiest thing to learn and she always had issues studying and retaining information, so she had to work twice as hard to keep up with everybody in her classes and pass her exams.

"It doesn't matter, it's not an actual relationship anyway. Why Luna is trying so hard, I don't know", she says to herself. She had just gotten to her room to settle down, and all she wanted was to make herself a nice cup of tea and figure out why the program she coded was glitching. For her finals, the professor told them to design a website from scratch and it needs to be working and fully functional by the time the semester was over. Everybody knew what the final was since January, and she's been working on it a little at a time, there were just a few lines that was ruining everything. Unknown to her, it was the lines that she coded a few nights ago when she pulled the second all nighter that week so she could meet the checkpoint...maybe if she knew this she would've been more cautious.