7

Kenma's POV

I want to go home..no..I want to sleep...

I've never wanted to sleep so bad like now. When I fell asleep, I didn't have time to think about her or the pain that came along with it.

I was just....there..a butterfly would probably best describe the feeling...to be free from everything...everyone..

But..Kuroo..he was like that to me..he was a butterfly that I never was...

He looked so free and whenever he was by my side, I would get a glimpse of what that felt like..

That's what I'm afraid of..

Not being free anymore...

"Kenma!" Kaede shouted, making me jump and look at him.

"Y-Yes?" I answered, frowning at him in shock.

"You didn't hear her? She said hey." He mumbled, pointing to the backseat.

I stared at him for a while before slowly looking back. There she was, sitting in the middle seat, hugging her self gently while she stared back at me.

"H-...uh...hi." I shuddered, quickly turning back to the front.

"I'm so sorry for what I did to you..I don't know what I was thinking and-"

"I know. I-I forgive you, mom." I whispered, looking down at my hands as a tear slowly fell down my face.

I forgive her..I do...

I know that most people would never look at her the same but..

All I wanted was for her to be okay..I took the hits and beatings because I wanted her to get over it..

It was the only way to...

I wanted her to forgive me for killing dad...so...I took them everyday...for over a year...

"I love you so...so much." She whispered, wrapping her arms around my neck.

I tensed up, knowing what was going to happen next.

Choke me...do whatever..as long as you love me..

She tightened her grip, but gently.

Oh...she's...embracing me..

I opened my eyes as she caressed my cheek from the back.(that does not sound-)

I smiled and let more tears fall down onto her arm. "Thank you..for forgiving me." She whispered, letting me go slowly and getting back into her seat.

I smiled to myself, letting all of my fear disappear.

We're okay...Kuroo was right...she changed.

One week later..

I sat down on my bed as I stared at the phone screen. "Yeah, but you totally deserved it though." I smiled, hugging my knees close to my chest.

"I DID NOT!" Kuroo laughed, lying down on his bed.

"You were the one who decided to flip his mattress to the cold side, not forgetting his pillow." I hummed.

"Not you taking his side, you're supposed to be MY boyfriend, remember?" He frowned.

I rolled my eyes as a knock on my door was heard. "Who's that?" He asked, looking at me through the phone.

"Oh, it's Yaku coming for some smooches." I joked, opening my room door.

"You cheater!" He laughed as I looked at my mom who was standing in the door way.

My smile dropped just slightly as Kuroo continued to laugh on the other end of the phone.

No, trust her..

"Mom?" I asked, staring at her as Kuroo got quiet.

"Lunch. Lunch is on the table." She smiled, leaving the door way.

I swallowed and shut the door, letting myself fall back on my bed lazily. "How is she?" He asked.

I lifted the phone to my face as I thought. "She's doing good. It's a bit weird but...it's better." I softly smiled, turning to my side.

"See? I told you." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes, knowing that he was right.

"Whatever. At least you're your own boss. Yamamoto is tiring, he's always bullying me." I sighed.

"Haha, first I'm not my own boss, I actually have to go to class and second, he's just doing that because he loves you." Kuroo smiled.

"Nonsence. He's doing that because he's mad that he didn't get a fair win, since I dropped out of competition for captain last minute." I smirked.

"Maybe that too but he truly wants the best for you." Kuroo smiled back.

"That rat only wants me to fall and sweat." I scuffed.

"Woah, someone's talking bad about me, again?" I heard Yamamoto gasp from behind my room door.

"What the-"

The door opened revealing him and Lev as they stood in the door frame.

"Who even let them in?" Kuroo asked from the other side.

"Kenma's mom." Lev smiled. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Kuroo.

"Well, I'll call you later, I know you have classes in an hour."I smiled.

"Okay, love you Kenma, LOVE YOU GUYS!" He shouted through the phone.

"KUROO SHUT UP! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO ACTUALLY STUDY!" I heard someone yell in a foreign language.

I laughed as he hung up. Dropping the phone to my side, I looked up at the two men who waited for me.

"Come on, your mom wants you to come down and grab a sandwich before we go out." Yamamoto mumbled.

"Where are we even going?" I frowned, standing up and following them down the hall.

"We're meeting up with all of the freshmen and throwing a party, duh." Lev laughed as I grabbed a sandwich from the table.

"Thanks." I softly smiled at my mom who was drinking water on the sofa.

"Don't be out too late." She blankly mumbled.

I frowned, remembering a familiar sentence that she once said to me.

My curfew was 8 right? Or was it 8:30?

If I am late...she going to be mad at me...I can't let that happen...

"Kenma? Did you hear me?" She smiled, looking over to me as the others listened.

"O-Oh.No..sorry?" I frowned.

"I said, don't be out too late, Kaede wants us to have a family movie night, remember?" She asked.

"O-Oh..yeah, okay." I smiled, turning around and putting on my shoes.

"What was that all about?" Lev asked, nudging me in the arm as we all walked out of the house.

"Nothing, are we picking up Inuoka?" I asked.

"Already beat you to it." Yamamoto smirked, pointing at the nearby bench.

"Of course, captain." I softly smiled.