9.◑Buried Secrets◐

Start from the beginning

"Did you see what happens when you make friends and put too much trust in them?" Silva said making Illumi look at him.

"Yes, father " he said. "What would you do when you find that child? It would be around 5 years old now".

Silva went silent again."When you were born, we made a promise that you will get married to his first born" he smiled as he recalled how Sebastian was overjoyed when Illumi was born. But all that had to turn into this bitter ending. He hated Liya, but that child had nothing to do with it. He would've taken good care of that child if Liya had told where that child was. And maybe he would've spared Liya's life. But it was too late for that, he had lost his friend already. "Though he broke a lot of promises, I will keep this one".

Illumi looked at his father in confusion. Silva grabbed Illumi's shoulder. "I heard it's a girl. She is yours; find her. You will take good care of her. And she will be your bride".

"Is she really mine, father?"

"Yes"

End of flashback

Illumi smirked as he opened the locket with the photo of Liya and her baby girl. It was on Liya's neck when she was brought here 14 years ago. But it was broken due to her struggling and went to a corner so no one saw it. Liya had asked him about it when she was awake. "It is here somewhere ; if you find it, can you give it to Sebastian? It was a gift from me but he left it with me before he went away that day" she wasn't in her right mind when she was saying all that to Illumi. She was sleep deprived so they had to drug her. She died soon after .He had found it that day when they came back after killing Sebastian. Liya was already gone but the locket was there. He scooped it up and saw the photo of Liya and the baby girl. His girl.

He looked at the locket with fascination. He looked at it before going to sleep everyday for these past 14 years. He gave it a little kiss.

"I finally found you y/n, my bride"

y/n pov:

I woke up on an empty bed. Killua was not there. I took a shower and wore a maroon sweatshirt and ripped jeans. I waited for a while. That's when I heard the door open, but to my surprise it wasn't killua. It was Illumi. He was wearing a long T shirt with his hair tied into a bun.it was weird to see him in this casual clothes. Specially without those crop tops. "Breakfast is ready" he said.

"Er, where is Killua? I haven't seen him since morning"

Illumi looked at me. Why does he looks angry?.

"Why are you asking about him anyway, don't you hate him? Or did you change your mind?" he asked.

"I- was just asking"

Illumi sighed. "He went to take care of a job, he had to leave on quite a short notice so maybe he didn't had the time to wake you up and tell you, he will be back tomorrow, now if you are done talking then come for breakfast"

After Illumi went away I saw a piece of paper and a box beside the table. I took the paper and opened it, it was a letter from Killua.

"I'm sorry for going without telling you, darling. But it was quite urgent. I intend to finish it in a day but it might take long. So I brought a phone for you so that you can talk to me, because I don't think I will be able to stay here without hearing your voice. And just so you know, you can't call anyone else but me with that phone. It only has my number and I asked Milluki to make it so that you can't call anyone but me. So don't try anything funny. I will call you at night so make sure to pickup. And don't ignore my calls if you don't want to get punished"

I rolled my eyes as I read it. 

"How romantic" I scoffed. I opened the box and took the phone. It indeed had just Killua's number. I tried to dial a different number but I didn't work. So he was telling the truth, he asked Milluki to make it like that. It wasn't a surprise, Milluki was a technology expert after all.

Suddenly I felt someone lean over my shoulder as I spun around. It was Illumi. "what is talking you so long? Oh is that a phone?".

"Yes, Killua got it for me, for only able to call him"

Illumi shrugged. "Well it doesn't matter anyways, you are not going away from me so I won't have to call you on phone".

I frowned at his statement. Does Killua really intends to keep me here forever?. No, I have to figure out a way, so I might as well start here. "So, I was thinking you could tell me more about this family, I mean I told you everything back in the Zevil Island so it's your turn now".

Illumi looked at me surprised. "Why do you want to know? I mean I wanted to know about you cause Kill had chosen you as his partner so I had to do a background check on you and I needed to see if you are even worthy of this family, but why would you want to know about this family?".

Damn he is sharp, I have to make him believe that I don't have any hidden intension. " If I have to stay here forever , I might as well try to work things out, cause there is no way for me to escape anyway" I said hoping he would believe me.

Illumi suddenly came forward. "Ok, I will tell you what you want to know".

Illumi's pov:

I already knew why y/n wanted to know about our family. She is gonna use that against us when she make her plan to escape. But I will play along, let's see how much far away you can run my rabbit, cause no matter what, I will catch up to you whenever I want to. But it will be fun seeing you try.