2.something to me

the words in bold are the character's inner thoughts 💭

"And who might you be? "

he suddenly asked. Damn he has a good voice. "I'm y/n, Actually he gave same drink to my friend and it was kinda expired I think, so it might upset your stomach, that's why..." I lied even though I knew he put something in it deliberately. Cause I didn't wanna create scene as soon as I come here.

"What? did you forget who you are?"

I looked at the boy, "No, I'm sorry I'm just spacing out a lot today, I'm y/n! it's nice to meet you! "

"I'm killua zoldyck "

My eyes went wide "zoldyck!?
the famous assassin family? "

killua's face went dark
"Yes, why? do you hate me now?" he said darkly.

"Of course not, I was just surprised that's all, it's not everyday that you see the famous assassin family around you... " I said smiling.

killua didn't say anything, he was just looking at me.
After a while he said "why... "

"Huh? did you say something? " I said looking at him.

"I asked, why did you warned me about that juice? I could've drank that and get sick or something and it would've been good cause one less competition " he said with a cold expression.

"What are you talking about? we are here to prove our worth in the hunter exam, if we won because there wasn't enough competitor, then it wouldn't be a fair exam and I don't want to see you sick" I said while thinking what kind of atmosphere did he grew up to think like that.

Suddenly his eyes flashed something, I don't know why but it send shivers down my spine.

no one's pov:

kilua opened his mouth to say something but before he could do so, a rather tired looking boy approached y/n.
"y/n! Where were you? I was looking all over for you! I thought You went home or something then I was sad!" Gon said in one breath.

"Hey hey at least breathe first, I was just talking to killua " y/n said, looking at her green haired friend trying to catch his breath.

"Huh? killua? " Gon asked confused.

"Ahh yes, I forgot to introduce, Gon, this is killua. killua, this is Gon" y/n said happily.

Gon put his hands out for killua to shake.

"Who's he to you y/n?" killua asked intensely making y/n flinch.

"T-This is my friend Gon " y/n answered nervously not knowing why.

"Friend" killua thought. The word did make his heart at ease but it didn't lessen the burning he was feeling.

"Maybe I ate too much of that poisoned juice, yeah that must be the reason, but I'm immune to poison...could it be?"

He saw y/n patting Gon's back while Gon was still trying to catch his breath from all the running.

"Ah there it is, that burning feeling again" he thought.

y/n's pov:

"Damn, save some of your energy for the exam will you? " I was smirking at Gon's clumsiness. suddenly I felt something, like a feeling of something bad, the feeling is too deep to just ignore it as a normal feeling.

"For goodness sake, who is in that mood already, nothing even happened yet" a man said who was standing in front of me.

"Excuse me? " I asked, thinking he was talking to me. "what are you talking about? "