I was angry at the thought that you're the only person in this world that I can't use.

I've always been the master of this game, playing everyone in the palm of my hands, but why I can't use you for my gain?

You scared me.

The thought that you don't need anything to make you stay by my side greatly terrifies me. Because I know that I can't use anything to make you stay if you've ever chose to leave. You won't even ask for anything. You don't need me. You don't need any wealth and power. How can I use someone who doesn't even have an ounce of greed into her heart?

With this uneasiness into my heart, I've made a lot of actions that might seem unforgivable into your eyes.

Chin, what did you do to me?

"Your majesty, this is one of the belongings of her highness, Consort Chin. I believe that it fell from her clothes while running away." One of my soldiers brought me that familiar necklace on the day of the attack by Han soldiers.

But when I saw that moon necklace on the day that you've saved my life, I think I've finally understood what you truly meant to me.

All this time, the kid that I was looking for was standing right in front of my eyes while forgetting who she truly is to my heart.

"So, I've finally found you." I could only silently whisper to myself with my heart filled with happiness.

Since then on, I've done everything in my power to love you and to protect you silently. I've already planned out everything, Chin. There is nothing you need to do but to only stay by my side and to love the illusion of the perfect man that I've only shown you.

Even if I have to use other people's schemes to discard any unwanted people in our way...

"Your majesty, I'm here to report that Consort Jia is the real culprit behind the poisoning of Consort Chin." Jiangli reported to me that morning. "She secretly met me yesterday to discuss her plans. I'm afraid that her majesty, Empress Louyang is indeed innocent against all of the accusations thrown at her. I'm waiting for your orders."

But all I could see from this evil scheme was the opportunity to drive out all the people who had the power to take you away from me.

Chin, would you still blame me if I'd ever told you all about this?

I smirk.

"Then what can we do?" I could only tell my loyal servant. "I guess it is time for the Empress Louyang and the rest of the West Faction to leave my kingdom for good."

You would understand, right?

Chin, you would understand that I've only done all of these things to protect you and our happiness, right?

I don't mind tainting my hands with blood...

"Your majesty, I'm here to report that her majesty, Empress Louyang has already passed on."

...if it means to have you in my arms.

Is my ruthlessness such that I can laugh at the thought that no one can stop me from making you my new Empress?

Would you blame me for secretly laughing at the late Empress' burial?

Would you get mad from knowing that I've celebrated the fact that now, no one can stop me anymore for making you stay by my side?

"Y-Your majesty, t-the truth is...I'm here to report that I've already found the true owner of the moon necklace." Qingyuan spoke to me that day. "It is her highness, Consort Chin."