Chapter 25: The Sin Floors

Mulai dari awal

Kashi could use force and fear to control a small group of demons, but he would be courting trouble if he put too many demons into Orez. The number currently in Orez could be used to maintain the dungeons until the guild members were ready to start training there. He did not need any more of these chaotic elements.

Kashi sorted his thoughts and then landed in front of the massive door. He glanced at the dragon statue overhead, and solemnly pushed the door.

The doors opened with a loud groan, revealing a small chamber with a spiraling stone staircase. Kashi walked into the chamber and then climbed the stairs to the landing above.

A fiery-red door greeted him at the top. A disturbing image of a burning angel was carved onto the door, bringing with it illusions of a sea of endless flames.

Kashi's heart raced, and he frowned as he felt his emotions begin to run amok. Kashi was no stranger to this feeling. Each Sin Floor would stimulate specific emotions in the challengers. Those who could not control their emotions would lose themselves and in time, their lives, to the Floor Guardians.

Within Orez, Suzuki frowned and glared at the painting in front of him. Suddenly, he felt irritated. The eyes did not look right. He used too much dark hue when painting the background. The pose was a little off. He felt an urge to rip the painting to pieces!

Fortunately, Suzuki was no stranger to his inner rage. Suzuki took out another canvas and began painting a new image. The angrier he got, the faster Jingu Brush flew over the canvas, vividly painting Suzuki's frustrations and anger.

'Fortunately, Razznik already vented most of his anger.' Sensing Suzuki's emotional state, Kashi inwardly shivered. He could not imagine what would have happened if they came here a few years ago. 'He might have destroyed me in his anger.'

"Speaking of which. I've kept those guys waiting a while." Kashi inwardly murmured as he pushed the door open. "I hope they haven't gone craz—"

BOOM!

Kashi just about dodged a ki-blade that slice through the doorway. His heart could not help but leap to his throat when that ki blade shattered the staircase behind him.

"What the hell?" A mildly frustrated Kashi looked into the room. The complaints immediately died in his throat when he saw the pandemonium before him.

Shokō wielded her blade, rapidly tearing down several vines that grew the ground. The swordswoman's regal clothing was torn in a few places revealing injuries of varying degrees. The skin around some of the injuries had turned purple and nasty, revealing significant traces of poison.

On the other side, Brilith Loneheart stood within a dense cluster of vines, attacking Shokō from range. The guildmaster did not seem to have any injuries, but then Kashi noticed that her eyes were closed. There seemed to be some dried blood around her eyes.

Wait. Hold on. It could not be, right? Did Shokō injure Brilith's eyes? Could she be blind!? If that was the case, Kashi could understand why it seemed like the two were intent on slaughtering each other.

Aside from the two protagonists, the side characters were also engaged in a massive brawl. From what Kashi could gather, the fight seemed to primarily be between the Maggots and Silver Spear's members.

Sonic's Nature Vanguard was trying to mediate between the two, but after getting attacked by both sides, some of their members joined the fight, thereby increasing the chaos even more!

Kashi guiltily scratched his cheek as he surveyed the scene.

The draconian knew he was partially responsible for this. Something must have sparked some enmity between the Maggots and Silver Spear on the third floor.