Ghost

The rest of the day was a blur, I couldn't find my phone in the apartment or anywhere for that matter and when I tried to get Dick to leave again I couldn't. He was on the lease anyways and I didn't have a way to call 911 and I was scared that if I tried he'd follow through in killing me. I didn't sleep, and I had an early shift at work today so when I got up to shower I found my phone on the counter. I was shaking scared he was going to come out of nowhere again, so I rushed to get ready. When I go to leave the apartment he says, "so you're leaving early for work, what are you gonna do? Cheat on me with your coworker?"
I gave him a look as I grab my keys, "no but even if i did I'd be sure to leave the messages where you could find them so you would know."
As I walk out the door I hear a slam.
He probably threw something at me.
****
When I get to work I have a co-worker that likes to be called Cheese, and he's honestly really cool. He always helps me lift heavy things since I am pregnant and he makes sure I don't over do it for myself. If I get hungry, he gets me food and gives me a chair to sit in so I can sit and eat.
This morning he noticed something was off so I told him what had happened,
"Did you call the cops," he asks as he looks at my neck, "Jessie there's a cut on your throat, you need to tell someone"
"I can't I'm scared if I tell someone they won't have much to go on and he'll kill me, I'm planning on going home to my grandparents, he's going to want to follow but I know that they'll ask him to work and then he'll flee. It'll be fine."
Cheese nods a little then hugs me, "I'm going to keep in contact with you I'll put my name as a female name I want to make sure you're safe."
I sigh a little bit, Miguel wouldn't even hesitate right now... he'd have had Dick's head on a silver platter if he saw a mark on me. I shake my head then I get back to work.
****
As the weeks pass, Cheese checks up on me and the fights were getting bad with Dick.
"You're sleeping with him this guy aren't you? I read your texts"
"Dude-"
"I'm not your fucking dude," he gets in my face the shoves me down
"Look Dick I'm not sleeping with anyone, even if I WANTED to cheat on you I don't have the time TO cheat because I'm always AT WORK."
"How do I know huh? You could fuck him on your break!"
"Because I sleep on my break because you never allow me to sleep at home. You want to try and fuck me while I sleep because for some reason you think it's hot when my body isn't responding or when I wake up and beg for you to just stop."
"Don't shame me," he looks at me offended.
"You literally LIKE raping me dude. It's fucked up."
"So?! It's hot. I like hearing you beg for me to stop."
I have to get out of here.
"Dude majority of the time I'm not even awake to do so, so you just think necrophilia is hot."
He shifts and I can see him getting turned on.
"You're fucking disgusting don't fucking touch me."
I walk past him and grab my keys.
"Where are you going?"
"I don't know away from you though."
I get in my car and I drive to the mall down the street and park in the parking lot. It's supposed to get down to 12 degrees tonight and I don't have a blanket... I have to go back at some point but I just want some sleep...
I close my eyes and take a short nap before being woken up from being too cold. I start the car and let the heater run so it'll warm me up as I shiver.
I just want this to be over with... I wish I was with Miguel I wish life would fast forward so I could be where things are better.
I sigh when the car warms up because I know I have to go home to my apartment. When I get to my apartment, Dick is gone
****
I lock the apartment door because he doesn't have his key and then I go lay in the bed to get warmer.
Maybe he went home... for good. Maybe I can go to my grandparents house and maybe I can actually sleep.
I don't know how long I was asleep but when I wake up I hear a thud.
I sit up and look at the door and Dick is standing there. I look at the time and I realize I needed to go to work. I get up and grab my keys and as I am about to walk past him, he starts talking, "you didn't come look for me."
"And?"
"You don't care about me?"
"I was just happy to finally get some goddamn sleep ok? I know you're a big boy you can handle yourself."
He grabs my hair when I walk past and he pulls me back.
"I'm not done."
I glare at him, "I would like to try and go to work."
He smirks a little, "I want head."
"That's great, I want to be able to have a roof over my head."
I shove his hands off me then I walk outside to find my car is gone.
****
As I pace back and forth to try and figure things out,  I call the dealership and ask them where the car is and they give me a number to call. When I call to confirm it's there I call an Uber and get my things from the car then I take an Uber back.
"So what're we gonna do?"
"We," I look at him shocked, "what do you mean "we"?"
"You're carrying my baby I have to go with you."
I can't have... I can't have this argument and I can't risk getting hit or killed right now.
"I'm going home. To Texas. My grandparents are helping me."