Chapter 21 Encounter

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Aiz shouted, activating her Aerial before swinging her sword into the mass. It slipped past the oncoming needles of poison, past the electrifying sparks of lightning attacks. In the blink of an eye, she'd mowed down all nine enemies.

Finn: I'm glad that Aiz ranked up.

Riveria: I have a mixed feelings about it, considering how she was so reckless in front of me.

Aiz level 6 abilities, coupled with the output of her strengthened Aerial, gave her an uncanny strength when it came to breaking through enemies. Wrapped in wind and bearing the bulk of the frontline by herself, Aiz carved her way through the passageways, leaving piles of monsters behind her.

Raul: Are we even necessary at this point?

Finn: Raul, prepare the magic potions.

Raul: Y-Yes!

The rate they were exhausting themselves wasn't even compared to the previous floors. If Aiz continued mowing down monsters at her current speed, her power would be gone in a flash. Sensing the condition of their sole vanguard fighter, Finn ordered for replenishment. Raul responded by quickly fishing through his bag for the magic potion.

Finn: Narvi, Alicia, Cruz, prepare the magic swords!

Narvi, Alicia, Cruz: Roger!

Finn: Fire them as soon as Aiz falls back!

The three other supporters, human, elf, and beast-man readied their equipped magic swords. Following Finn's command, they flourished said swords the moment Aiz, covered in sweat, retreated to the midline.

 Following Finn's command, they flourished said swords the moment Aiz, covered in sweat, retreated to the midline

The instant, chant-less burst of magic exploded across the path in front of them, wiping out any monsters there.

Raul: Miss Aiz!

Aiz grabbed the magic potion from Raul mid-run , finishing it off quickly before returning to the front line. The blazing fires from the magic swords had swallowed up the monsters during her brief respite.

Tsubaki: The attacks from below have stopped... Is it Gareth and the others?

Finn: Probably. Let's hurry.

Despite the continuous attacks from above as they moved between tunnels and rooms, Aiz's wind and Finn's commands helped the party fend off the wyverns until, finally they found the staircase leading to the next floor.

Raul: We're at the 53rd floor already...?! We're quicker than last time!

Finn:...

Finn was studying the perimeter couldn't see the new species anywhere. Apparently, the magic from Aiz's Aerial wasn't enough to draw the magic sense caterpillar out of hiding. Finn gave his thumb a little lick as the party dashed their way through the temporarily encounter free and unsettling quiet dungeon floor.