19 | ʙʟᴀᴅᴇꜱ

Start from the beginning

She sighed, walking away from the crystal. She turned to her right to face in the direction where Levi, Hange, and Erwin are standing. She shook her head, motioning to them that it was to no avail.

Few minutes pass by, Eren soon opened his eyes slowly. Mikasa glanced at him with a worried face, "Eren..." She mumbled.

"Mikasa, where's Annie?" He asked her in a weak voice.

Mikasa didn't reply, only turning her head in the direction of Annie's crystal, seeing Jean trying to break the rock repeatedly with his sword's blade. However, instead of leaving a crack on the crystal, the blade was only getting destroyed piece by piece. "Damnit! All the shit we've been through and this is what we get?!" Jean yelled frustratedly.

"ANNIE! WAKE UP! COME ON, FACE THE MUSIC! YOU OWE US! DON'T BE A COWARD! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!" He exclaimed, about to hit the crystal once again.

However, before he could attack it, Levi placed a hand on the teen's shoulder, stopping him, "That's enough!" He spoke, causing Jean to turn to the raven-haired man, "It's over." He added.

Jean looked down in disappointment before lowering down the handle.

"Someone get me a wire net!" Hange yelled, "This thing belongs deep underground!"

Hange released out a sigh, gazing at Annie's direction, 'What have we done? If we can't get any answers out of her, then what was the point of all this? We're left with nothing but countless casualties... Ruined lives... Unanswered questions... All for what?' They thought.

Luna walked over to Erwin, "It sure doesn't always go the way you expect it to be, Commander." She said. Erwin hummed in response, "Indeed." He replied before she went past him.

Nile stopped in front of her, "Hold it there, Kocho." He halted her, pointing his rifle at her. "Not another step. I'm not letting you esca-"

She smiled at him, "Don't waste your worry, Nile. I know how to act accordingly." She walked past him, not even bothered by the gun that was pointed at her. Nile could swear he felt a chilly sensation run through his veins the moment she passed him.

Gritting his teeth, Nile called out to one of the MPs, motioning for them to accompany the lady. Luna sighed in irritation as she felt the presence of someone following her. Even so, she shrugged it off.

Levi stared off at her figure, watching her walk away from them. 'What is she up to?' He thought to himself.

He huffed, walking over to Erwin, stopping behind the blonde, "Well, it was a valiant effort. Can't win them all though, right?" Levi said to the commander.

"Right." Erwin replied, "At the very least, the Scout Regiment's been exonerated. Sure, by the skin of its teeth withstand." He added.

Levi glanced at him before facing away to turn to the rest of the MPs, "Let's hope the brass agrees."

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Luna knocked on the door of the house that was currently in front of her. This house was located as well in Stohess, but thankfully, it was meters away from where Annie and Eren had their brawl. Close, but not that close. Honestly, if something were to happen to this small house, she'd be extremely devastated.

The door soon opened, revealing an elderly man wearing a blue yukata with a red mask on his face. Luna greeted the man with a gentle smile, "Greetings, Grandmaster Urokodaki." She bowed respectively.

The MP that was following the woman rose an eyebrow.

The old man nodded, "Welcome, Luna. What brings you here?" He asked the woman standing in front of him. Luna looked up at his face and sheepishly smiled, "Well... Uh..."