First, the ex. I know she did that to make Karina lose focus on me.

And now, this one. 

"It's really okay, don't worry." I said, trying to make my tone sound cheerful. 

"Okay…" I heard her say. "I'll see you tomorrow, baby."

"Yup. See you." 

I ended the call. 

"For someone who just finished a successful concert, you look sooo down." 

I turned to look at Yujin.

"Shut up."

She laughed at me. "Why are you frowning?"

I sighed. "You're courting Wonyoung now, right?"

"Uh-huh." She proudly nodded her head. "Why'd you ask?"

"Did her mother…you know, was wary of you?" 

"Not Mrs. Jang. She's very supportive, actually." She answered and stood beside me, imitating my position. "Her dad was the one who was wary of me." 

"What did you do to make him agree?" 

"I just showed him who I am. It doesn't really need a lot of effort. I just need to show him my pure intentions." She shrugged, before looking at me. "Why? Are you in the same situation right now?"

"Kinda."

"Then just show them who you are." She wrapped her long arm around my shoulder. "You're a good person, Unnie. I doubt anyone would stay wary of you."

I don't even know why her mother is wary of me. 

"…I guess."

____

"We need to talk." 

I stayed silent. 

"Winter," She sighed heavily. "Did you not understand what I said before?" 

"You told me to stay away."

"I did." She said. "But what are you doing right now?"

"I'm sorry, Ma'am." I took a deep breath. "But I can't do that. I won't stay away from your daughter, not when I don't even know the reason for it." 

She stared at me. "So your Mom didn't tell you." 

My eyebrows furrowed. "This has nothing to do with my Mom…"

"Ask her." Her voice turned harsh. "Ask her yourself, then tell me if she actually has nothing to do with this." 

I couldn't speak.

"Go home, Winter." She turned her back on me. "I hope this will be the last time that I see you with my daughter." 

____

What I said to Karina was true. 

I met with an accident. Thankfully, I managed to avoid the bigger damage. 

I wasn't drunk, But I was definitely not thinking straight that time. I easily lose focus whenever I'm overthinking about something while I'm driving.

That situation was not an exception.

I didn't notice a car on my right side driving towards me. If it wasn't for my fast reflexes, I would surely find myself in a hospital with a critical condition. 

What I said to Karina was a lie. 

I like her, I like her so much and I am so happy that the feelings are mutual.