01 | God Is A Woman

No man is worthy of Yu's attention.

The smart, gorgeous, and hard-to-get Karina Yu, lives up with her motto. No one, not even a single man, nor a lady, has gotten her attention.

Karina is known for living a fantasy. She has it all. Wealth, intelligence, beauty, everything. She is the standard. Everyone is all over her. Even the richest and the smartest man in Kwangya Academy wants her. Makes you wonder why there's no one who has gotten Karina's attention.

Apparently, Karina is also known for only being engaged in something that piques her interest. She likes something that would make her think, that would make her feel the thrill, that would baffle the hell out of her. But unfortunately, no one lives up with Karina's standards.

Not that she knows, at least.

But that's the point.

Because no man is worthy of Yu's attention.

Just like now.

"That was like...the fifth guy you rejected this week?" Kim Minju said while looking at the guy who walked away from them, holding the bouquet of flowers that was rejected by Karina.

"Wrong." Giselle Uchinaga responded. "That was the sixth."

"Nope." Ning Yizhuo disagreed. "Seventh."

"We couldn't even count." Shin Ryujin chuckled. "What's the correct one, Karina?"

"You are all exaggerating." Karina sighed, rolling her eyes at them. "That was just the fourth one."

"Yeah, the fourth one...this week." Minju shook her head. "And every week, someone is confessing to you. But they just end up being rejected."

"You know our girl," Giselle said, defending her friend. "She doesn't like the norms."

"I mean, if I get the same flowers every single day, I'd be tired too."

"Unfortunately, no one is giving you flowers, Ryujin." Ningning countered.

"Yes, because I give it."

"So you're a part of the norm."

"Huh? You dare compare me to those boring men?"

"Girls, stop. Let's not talk about this. It's just wasting our time." Karina said, which made them quiet.

"You mean wasting your time." Minju said as they walked down the hallway. "Honestly, I don't know if they don't actually meet your standards or you're just not interested in being in a relationship."

"I will only be interested in being in a relationship if my partner is interesting." Karina responded.

"To remind you, Karina," Giselle snorted. "You get intrigued by the oddest things. I remembered you saying to me that extra tomato sauce is much better than extra cheese in a pizza."

"What? It's good."

"Not really. I felt like I was just eating tomato sauce when I tried it." Ningning butted in.

"What do you even want in a guy, anyway?" Ryujin asked her friend.

"I told you," Karina trailed off. "If he intrigues me, he gets me."

"Good luck to your admirers." Minju chuckled. "Even the most charming person doesn't make you interested."

The five girls went inside their classroom. Karina, Minju, and Giselle sat in front while Ningning and Ryujin were behind them.

"Speaking of charming," Ningning leaned in so her friends could hear her. "The charming Kim broke a girl's heart again."

"Charming Kim?" Karina asked.