07 | Fly Me To The Moon

"Ouch!"

"Winter!" Karina immediately dropped the knife and held Winter's hand. "I told you to be careful!"

She checked Winter's fingers, noticing a cut on the index. Her eyebrows furrowed. 

"That knife is so sharp."

"No, you're just careless," Karina looked at her. "And stupid."

"Okay, Mom." Winter rolled her eyes. "Look, it's okay. It doesn't hurt that much. I can continue."

They're currently in Winter's house. A few days had passed since Karina said that she would try to teach the singer how to cook and now, they're actually doing it. They plan to cook black bean noodles. 

And it didn't even take an hour for Winter to accidentally commit a mistake. 

"It's literally bleeding."

"I won't die from blood loss, Karina."

The said girl shook her head. "Where's your first aid kit?" 

With her other hand, Winter pointed at the drawer behind her. 

Karin took a first aid kit from a drawer and went back to Winter. She held the singer's hand again, rinsing it with water. 

"You know, whenever I get a cut, I won't do this." Winter said while observing what Karina is doing with her hand. "I'll just suck the blood and go."

Karina glanced at her. "You want me to suck your blood?"

"I mean, that wasn't bad but I'd prefer if you suck my lips instead."

The taller girl couldn't help but to chuckle. 

After rinsing the wound, she applied an antibiotic then covered it with bandaid. 

"There, all done." Karina said while looking at Winter's finger, satisfied with what she did. 

"Thanks, Mom."

"Don't call me Mom."

"Okay," Winter smirked. "Thanks, baby."

Karina shook her head. 

"You know what, just sit at the counter and watch me slice these onions." She muttered and began to continue what she's doing earlier. 

Winter obliged. "I thought you're teaching me?"

"You can't slice something properly with that finger. Just help me later."

"Hmm, sure." The singer mumbled. "You're pretty and serious today."

"You mean pretty serious?"

"No. You look pretty." Winter said. "Like, really pretty. But also serious. Two different things."

"I always look pretty." Karina chuckled, aware of her visuals. "And I'm serious because I'm doing something, Winter."

"You don't understand."

The singer said, which made Karina look at her. 

"Huh?"

"You always look pretty, that's a fact." Winter nodded. "But seeing you being so focused on doing what you like…I think I find you more pretty like that."  

Karina just stared at her, a bit surprised by what she heard. 

The singer then shrugged. "It's kinda hard to explain. But I hope you get what I mean."