Shmear

To make good coffee it was an art or so Y/n thought. She believed the key ingredient was love. One had to make coffee with love or the coffee would be too bitter. We can say the customers of Brooks & Co would agree with her for they would much prefer when the coffee was made by her.
"Good morning. Black coffee to go please" said a new face that just entered the coffee shop. Y/n knew every regular so everytime a new face would come in she would always notice, even if they came in in the bussiest of hours.
"Do you want a fresh bagel with cream cheese for free? It's our deal of the week!"
"Cream cheese... Hah you're not from New York I can tell. I always like me some shmear"
"Alrighty then, sir!" She turned her back to get a fresh bagel and came to face him again as she spread the cream cheese.
"Where are you from?" Asked the new face.
"Guess it and your order is on me." She said stopping what she was doing, putting her hands on the counter and leaning to him.
"Uh! Let me think." Said the man rubbing his hands. "Syracuse"
"Well, it looks like you need to come back and try to have a free order." She said giving him his order. "Six dollars."
He smirked. Grabbed the coffee and paper bag putting them on the counter to take his wallet out. He gave her a twenty dollar bill. "Keep the change so next time you can pay for both of us." He winked and left the shop.
'Was he flirting with me?' Y/n asked herself. 'That's new!'

Her shift was almost finished. Her coworker, and friend, Adrien, was always early so he could catch up with her a bit.
"Hello Sunshine! What's new?" he asked.
"I actually have something to ask you. You're a New Yorker. Is it that strange for a New Yorker to say cream cheese instead of schmear?"
"Not at all. We know what schmear is but not all of us use it. Why?"
"It's nothing. Just a new client that noticed I wasn't from New York because I said cream cheese."
"Okay girl. I'm sitting so you know I want the deets."
"It's nothing special, really."
"Y/n." he said lowering his head and looking at her with piercing eyes. She sat down on the chair in front of him. She knew exactly what that look meant.
"This very handsome, I mean you can say he's beautiful actually." She stopped for a quick second picturing him in her head to see if she missed any detail. "Anyway. This green-blue eyed, sharping jaw, sculpted nose, golden-brown hair guy came in today and asked for a black coffee to go."
"An intense man, I see. No sugar?" Adrien interrupted her.
"No sugar."
"Care to proceed."
"I told him about our deal of the week and he started saying that he could tell I wasn't from New York because I said cream cheese instead of schmear. As I was making his bagel he asked me where I was from and I told him to guess"
"You naughty bitch!" Adrien interrupted. "Go on, go on."
"He said Syracuse, I said he was wrong and told him he had to come back to get a free order. He paid with a twenty and told me to keep the change so next time I could pay for both of us."
"Girl, why do these things only happen when I'm not here?"
"These things? As if this is what usually happens to me Ad"
"Tomorrow we are working the same shift. Same time you did today so I hope this mysterious handsome man comes back!"
Y/n looks at the clock above Adrien's head. It shows ten forty five.
"Oh fuck, fuck, fuck! I'm gonna be late!"
"Audition?"
"Yeah! I'm meeting with an agent. Wish me luck!" she rushes to take her apron off. She grabs her purse and her phone, kisses Adrien on the cheek and heads out the back door with the trash bag.
"Go get 'em tiger!" Adrien screamed.

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy this story. I want to apologize in advance for this and chapter two for not having much of Timothée, but keep reading please :)