The orator showed a more vulnerable and human side that he didn't hide; people just didn't pay attention to Kenneth. They preferred the gimmick they saw on the stage. A vulnerability was something no one wished to see in a leader. Yet Kenneth taught otherwise.

Good leaders were those capable of showing empathy; it also meant the person had a high capacity of listening and accepted not to be the one with all the answers. Kenneth explained everything, but did people hear? Or were they just swayed by the trend that made them feel like deep thinkers or faux-semblants philosophers while they assisted in his talks?

"You like him, don't you, Dayé?"

"I don't know, Luce. O leku[something serious or hard]I have that feeling you know the one where you'll slip no matter how hard you resist."

"Monday, why are you so scared?"

The woman frowned at herself. Why did Kenneth scare her more than any other man?

You could love him.

"Luce, I'm tired of failing. I'm sick of hoping and always meeting a dead end with men. It's worse with him; he's not my type. He has these dumb theories and groupies. He lives abroad, and he's older. I mean, the guy was practically in high school when I first opened my eyes to this world of sin."

Luce chuckled, "it has to be overdramatic with you, doesn't it. Why don't you just take it a step at a time? Use him as a pacemaker. Don't give more than you get."

They spoke for a while. Luce explained how she saw pastor Lennox again and decided to stop going to church.

"Luce, I thought you enjoyed attending the service. He shouldn't impact your desire to communicate with God," Monday said.

"I do, but I can't take it anymore. I want God to give me a sign or to send me someone because I clearly can't go on like this."

"Oh, Luce."

"Anyway, I've got to go. Keep me updated. Bye, babe."

"Bye."

A feeling of guilt cloaked Monday. She spent her time complaining and running to Luce forgetting her cousin had her issues as well. The woman decided to keep her uncertainties about Kenneth to herself for the time being. Monday looked at her phone screen.

"Damn."

She was late; Monday grabbed her sneakers and hurried to the fair.

"Wow, Monday, what's with the green light?" Ben teased when he saw her arrive.

"Aww, I love the color. I wish I could wear electric yellow like that," Dagmar added.

Yellow or green, the long asymmetric slip-on silk dress was a pretty in-between on Mondays' skin. She associated it with a long grey cardigan speckled, pink, and purple threads. The sneakers were off-key, but the woman had no choice. They were the only shoes she bought with her.

"Sorry, guys."

"No worries," Ben said, giving her a wink.

Monday smiled, posed her bag, and hurried to start working.

In the meantime, Kenneth, who got ready for his talk, wondered if Monday had arrived. He would have liked her to attend.

"Kenneth, are you ready?"

"Yes."

Meredith gave a go-ahead the conference was recorded. Kenneth climbed the steps.

"Hi guys, I hope you're happy today. I know that I'm extremely pleased to be here with you. Today is a FAQ special, and I'll be answering the questions left in my booths' urn. I'll just run through them. There's no particular order of importance. Take away what you need and erase the rest. Okay, let's get cracking. Yesterday, one of the questions deposited in the FAQ urn was how to stay happy? ㅡSo how? Say you've found happiness. You are on cloud nine; well, the only thing that can bring you down is yourself and your lack of reactivity," he paused.

"For example, if your job makes you happy, you must strive to keep it. Not by working harder, but by working better. How to do that? Improve your skillset, adjust and adapt to change. Contribute to improving the workspace and environment. By doing so, you can increase your charge of happiness at work. If it's your car, the element of your happiness, you must take care of it. The same goes for your pet dog Yoda, buy his favorite biscuits, go for walks, talk to him. ㅡBasically, to keep your happiness, you must take care of and protect what makes you happy."

While Kenneth spoke, Ben tried to convince Monday to go and hear him.

"No, I don't want him to think I'm stalking him or something."

Ben lowered his gaze under his glasses rims, "Monday, don't be silly. I'm sure the man will be thrilled to see you. It's like a school recital, won't you thrilled to see your parents come?"

"Eh, my parents were back in Nigeria."

"Come on, Monday, you know what I mean." Ben turned his focus to the thriller novel queen, "Dagmar, say something."

"I say I'm going," the woman said and got up from her seat, "see you in a bit."

Ben glared at Monday, who sneered at him before grabbing her bag and following in Dagmars' lead.