Chinhae's struggles

Super short, but this should clear some things up and I wanted to write this because of changjins_baby 's comment
⊱ ────── {.⋅ 🐺⋅.} ────── ⊰

It was horrible. The worst thing he's ever had to do and he'll probably cry about it whenever he looks back.

But he was ready.

And telling his parents that he was finally prepared to find his own way was probably the worst of it all.

Sure, Chinhae had seen them cry before, but he's never seen them try to hold it back. And he knew it was so that he didn't feel guilty for leaving, yet it made him feel worse and had him thinking if he really wanted to leave the safety of his parent's arms.

But he did.

He'd even asked Hyunki, his best friend, his soulmate, the wolf he was head over heels for, if he wanted to come with him, and the younger had nodded his head repeatedly and thrown his arms around his neck, crying softly.

"I thought you were going to leave me too."

"I mean," his words were muffled by Hyunki's shoulder. It depends on what Binnie and Jinnie uncle say."

Chinhae was dreading the moment he'd have to ask them.

........................

Knocking twice, Chinhae waited for a reply, and hearing his Jinnie uncle's peppy, "come in!", he swallowed dryly, and focused on breathing properly as he entered.

"Hae-ya? What can I do for you baby?" Came Hyunjin's response to the surprise visit, stopping what he was doing to give him his undivided attention.

As he grew older, Chinhae spent less and less time invading his uncle's rooms whenever he wished.

He missed it.

And he'll miss it even more when he leaves.

"Is Binnie uncle here? I want to talk to you both. Please."

"Yeah, I'll link him to come up. Is everything okay?" The beta uttered, sitting on his bed and patting the empty space next to him.

Chinhae waited for him to finish mindlinking Changbin before speaking up.

"Everything is fine. But um... uh. I'll just wait till he gets here."

Hyunjin looked at him with worried eyes but a comforting smile, and Chinhae couldn't help but return the warming gesture, placing his head on the beta's shoulder.

That was until the alpha walked in, with an equally confused gaze as he glanced at the two on the bed.

Chinhae's heart raced.

He could die. Oh god. Maybe he should abort mission. Hyunki wasn't that important. He'd be safer here anyways.

Who was he kidding? He wouldn't leave without him.

"What do you want to talk about pup?"

"Um. So I'm leaving." Good starting point.

Changbin sat next to him, patting his head fondly. "Yeah we know. We're so proud of you, y'know? Our first ever pup. We'll miss you, Hae-ya." Hyunjin sniffled, nodding in agreement with his mate as the alpha looked at him with tender eyes. "Hyunki will miss you more though. Make sure to spend some time with him before you go yeah?"

Here goes nothing.

"That's what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to ask..."

Gods, this was hard.

"Ask what Chinhae?" Changbin looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

He glanced at Hyunjin and only realised how tense he was when he saw his wide eyes.

"Oh. I know where this is going," the beta whispered, eyes welling with even more tears as he troubled his lower lip with his teeth.

"I'd like to ask if you'd allow me to take Hyunki with me."

Changbin froze, eyes hardening as he stared down at the younger alpha.

Chinhae gulped loudly, but held his uncle's glare.

"What are your intentions with him?" The alpha grunted.

'Be honest' his Ma had said.

"I want to keep him next to me, like Papa does with Ma. And hopefully, one day he'll find me worthy of being his...mate. Not just his friend."

Chinhae breathed out slowly and watched Changbin's reaction.

The alpha continued to glare. Until his glare softened. And he began to sniff softly with a pout.

"No."

Hyunjin wheezed from next to him.

"Thank you for asking us Chinhae. But that's not up to us. It all depends on Hyunki."

"I already asked him," the younger alpha spoke, relief flooding him as he hugged the beta. "And he said he'll come with me!"

"Then there's your answer," Hyunjin chuckled, combing through his hair. Before whispering, "ignore Binnie uncle okay?"

"Wait no! Do not ignore me. I said no. Hyunki isn't going anywhere. Not until my soul leaves this planet and that's never!" The alpha grumbled angrily, as though he wasn't seconds away from bursting into tears.

Chinhae was quick to notice and hugged the older. "I promise to look after him," he whispered.

Changbin was silent for a while, before finally relenting unwillingly.

"I know you will. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it."

Chinhae could only sigh, overwhelmed with the bittersweet feeling.

He'll miss home.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 🐺⋅.} ────── ⊰