Chapter 2 : panic attack

Y/N's POV

I was alone, in the middle of a cold, damp room. No windows. This room is very small, I don't like it. I hate closed spaces like this. I don't even know where I am, I have to leave. I tried to get up, but it was impossible. I was tied to a chair. Suddenly the door behind me opened. A man entered.

"Я вижу, ты наконец-то проснулся, даритель смерти." (I see you're finally awake, Death giver) said the man.

Who is he? What does he want from me? What am I doing here?

"Где я? Что вы хотите от меня? Кто вы?" (Where am I? What do you want from me? Who are you?) I shouted in panic.

"Меня зовут Иван, я слышал, что вам удалось выйти из-под нашего контроля и что вы ранили нескольких здешних агентов. Поэтому я собираюсь исправить это и немного поправить тебя, Даритель Смерти." (My name is Ivan, I heard that you managed to get out of our control and that you injured several agents here. So I'm going to rectify that, and give you a little correction, Death Giver.) Ivan replied, laughing.

I was terrified, I couldn't understand anything he was saying. I mean, I understand what he's saying but it doesn't make sense? What control is he talking about? What agents is he talking about? Why is he calling me "Death Giver"? Who am I? What is he going to do to me? I was starting to panic and my breathing was getting ragged. I just wanted to get away from here.

Suddenly I felt a pain in my jaw and I realised that the man had just hit me. This made me fall with the chair. I saw him nod behind me and then two men put me back. I knew it wasn't going to stop. Why me? I am only 13 years old.

"Пожалуйста! Зачем ты это делаешь! Просто отпусти меня!" (Please! Why are you doing that ! Just let me go !) I tried to beg

"О нет, юная леди, мы еще не закончили с вами, мы только начинаем." (Oh no young lady, we're not done with you, we're just getting started.) Ivan replied.

Then he continued to hit me, in the face, in the stomach, in the ribs. Sometimes he would electrocute me with a taser, or use a knife to cut me, stab me. It hurts a lot. I couldn't take it anymore. Then finally, the worst happened. I saw him coming with an iron bar, the end forming the Hydra logo and being very red. I quickly understood what he was going to do.

"НЕТ! НЕТ! НЕТ! Пожалуйста! Не делайте этого! Пожалуйста, не надо!" (NO! NO! NO! Please! Don't do it! Please don't!) I begged

"Тишина !" (SILENCE) the man shouted, which immediately shut me up.

"Вы заслуживаете всего этого, и это только для того, чтобы напомнить вам, где ваше место." (You deserve all this, and this is just to remind you where you belong) he said to me.

Then he placed the end of the iron bar on my left kidney and I felt my skin burn, it hurt. I screamed with all my might to try to dull the pain and make him stop, but he did not.

And finally I woke up, sweating, shaking, catching my breath as if I had just run a marathon. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't see anything, then I felt a blindfold covering my eyes. I tried to take it off with my hands but it was impossible, they were tied behind my back. That's when I realised. I am still tied to a chair. I was starting to panic, having trouble breathing calmly, and I was trying to get out of the handcuffs. I could hear people talking to me but I couldn't understand anything he was saying.

"Het, het, het, het, het, het" (No, no, no, no, no, no) I kept repeating. Then I felt someone approach me and speak to me in a language I did not know. I felt his hand on my shoulder, which made me jump, I broke my handcuffs, grabbed the man by the neck with my right hand, tackled him against a wall and lifted him up.

"Кто вы? Что ты хочешь от меня?" (Who are you? What do you want from me?) I asked him and then, as I was about to take off my blindfold, I heard someone loading a pistol and saying

"На твоем месте я бы этого не делал." (I wouldn't do that if I were you.) the voice said to me. To finally hear someone speak my language surprised me.

So I moved my hand away from my face without removing the blindfold.

"Хорошо, теперь опустите его." (Good, now put him down.) I heard the voice tell me, coldly.

So I put the man down, heard him catch his breath and heard someone rush up to him and start talking to him. I turned towards the voice. It began to speak. Опять этот язык, я не понимаю ничего из того, что они говорят. (Again this language, I don't understand anything they're saying.)

I finally felt hands grab me and tie me back to the chair. I didn't bother to fight and just let it happen. Expecting to just get beaten as usual.

Nat's POV

We were all there, waiting for her to wake up. It was long and boring. But Bruce said she should be waking up soon so no one moved. Then all of a sudden she started breathing heavily and rather quickly. She started shaking and making sounds of pain. We all looked at each other to see what to do.

"We can't wake her up, better to wait until she wakes up on her own" Bruce was the first to speak up

"You want us to leave her like this? She's probably having a nightmare, and she looks like she's in pain. We need to wake her up" replied Steve, appalled by Bruce's remark

"I agree" replied Tony, which surprised everyone, Tony himself

"I don't agree let's wait again, Bruce is right" said Clint

"I agree with Clint and Bruce" I said finally. This earned me a weak smile from Bruce and a nod from Clint, while Steve and Tony only sighed at my remark.

Then a few minutes later she woke up. And started to panic again.

"She's freaking out again, we have to do something" Steve said with panic in his voice

"Het, het, het, het, het, het" (No, no, no, no, no, no, no) she kept repeating. She was trying to get out of her handcuffs, obviously in vain. I just watched her.

"We have to help her," said Tony at last, as he approached the girl.

He came closer and closer.

"Shhh calm down, it's okay, you're safe here, we just want to talk to you" Tony said trying to reassure her which made me roll my eyes.

"She doesn't understand English Tony" I replied with a tone of annoyance

Then he put his hand on her shoulder and in one fell swoop she broke her chains, grabbed Tony by the neck, pushed him to the wall and lifted him up. Everyone was shocked and no one moved an inch. Until she tried to remove her blindfold, I took my gun, pointed it at her and said

"На твоем месте я бы этого не делал." (I wouldn't do that if I were you.)

They were all looking at me with surprised expressions on their faces, everyone except Tony of course. He was trying hard to get out of her embrace.

After turning her head towards me, she lowered her hand. Does she know I have a gun in my hand?

"Хорошо, теперь опустите его." (Good, now put him down.) I said firmly.

She put Tony back down and he breathed again, Steve rushed over to check on him.

"Put her back in the chair, tie her up properly this time" I said, glancing at Clint and Bruce.

To their surprise she allowed herself to do so without struggling or saying a word. What was going on in her head?

"Well, it's my turn to ask the questions," I said as I approached her, still holding my pistol. I positioned myself in front of her, 10 feet away. Ready to start our conversation.