Chapter 148

It started slowly, gently and gingerly. The dark clouds started to disperse, the sky cleared, and the sun shone. His whole body felt warm and comfortable. He could not help but hold onto her lips, unwilling to part even for a moment. Soon, he desired more. He pried them open, probing with his tongue as he did. Wanting to go a little deeper, then a little more, wanting to be one with her... never to be separated again. He hugged her in a frenzy and violently took off her clothes. They were of one mind.

As he saw her lying bare, a chord was tugged and he pulled her into a tight embrace. He held her so, like there was no tomorrow... entwined, neither wanting to break free, neither wanting the moment to end. Soon, his lower body started pressing on her thigh.

And yet, he dared not cross the boundary.

Her mother forbade premarital sex. Lin Xin hadn't thought much about it back then. But now, she felt that love was uncontrollable to a certain extent. It didn't come with a book of decorum to abide by.

She climbed up his waist and said, "I'll be fine. I won't pass out."

Lin Xinyu's hands brushed around her waist, his head buried in her neck. In the air suffused with passion, his deep seated fears slowly surfaced.

"I'm afraid one day you'll wake up, and it won't be you. You're someone else, and you and I have... What are we going to do?"

Hot tears trickled down his face, scalding her back.

Lin Xin's eyes welled up, the dam broke. Fool, I am who I am, this is what I used to be.

"Don't be afraid, it won't happen." She reassured between sobs.

"What if it does?" He cried and choked up. The past decade's wounds hadn't healed. "You will never forgive me. How will I find you?" She was too precious to him. He was willing to give up anything, except her.

For once, Lin Xin was at a loss for words., She wanted to tell him: no, she is she, and she will be his forever.

Right then, Aunt Hui knocked at the door. "Shuxin, get up to eat what auntie brought you."

The two froze. All the emotions from just now couldn't beat the embarrassment of being caught by their mother.

Lin Xinyu hastened to say, "No need, no need!"

Aunt Hui opened the door. Lin Xinyu just wanted to look at Lin Xin and in his eagerness forgot to lock the door. His muddled mind was quick to recover. He reflexively slipped into the sheets and hid Lin Xin while flashing an awkward smile at Aunt Hui.

Heh... heh...

Aunt Hui really did not expect Lin Xinyu, who'd just had a bout of craziness, to suddenly be in bed with Lin Xin. It was too big of a leap!

Looking at the clothes lying on the floor, Aunt Hui felt burningly hot. She hurriedly closed the door with the food in hand.

After a while, Lin Xinyu slowly pushed Lin Xin out of the room.

Cheng Qingrong had not gone to the hospital. He put down the newspaper and looked at Lin Xin in the wheelchair, and then, without a word went back to reading the newspaper.

Aunt Hui let the two of them eat. Lin Xin was so embarrassed that she couldn't say a word. Halfway through the meal, Aunt Hui said, "Since it's like this, I won't say anything. Xiaoyu just got injured. And don't do that during the day."

Lin Xin stuffed rice in her mouth and lowered her head further. Lin Xinyu worriedly handed her a bowl of soup.

Looking at the scene before her, Aunt Hui's heart soured again. "Xiaoyu, don't sleep in Xinxin's room."

She was unable to reconcile with what was happening. Xiaoyu had obsessed over Xinxin to death. Where had those feelings gone? Did they really disappear so easily? Not a shred remained, as if she'd never existed. He was even about to... in her room! She really couldn't bear that.

Lin Xin sipped and smiled at Lin Xinyu, quickly finishing the soup. After dinner, Aunt Hui did not ask them to stay, hinting several times that Lin Xinyu should leave with Lin Xin. After seeing Lin Xin off and closing the door, Aunt Hui slumped on the chair. The happenings of today were just too much to handle.

Seeing her wan face, Cheng Qingrong talked to her, trying to make her feel better.