Chapter 144

Lin Xinyu asked, "What is it?"

Wu Anan looked at Lin Xin and said, "I hear you're getting married?"

"With this woman?" Wu Anan took two steps towards Lin Xin and said, "You and Han Keman together, I can understand. But, how could you be with her? Did you forget Lin Xin?"

"Why can't you be with me when you can be with her?"

Her sister took a bullet for Fang Qingtian as a result of the attempted assassination, and he was seriously injured. He lost half his empire, and her sister's death left him dead. He emigrated abroad, giving her all his possessions.

Lin Xinyu confessed to her after Lin Xin's death. At that time, she angrily pointed to Lin Xinyu and asked him to pay with his life. He only said, "That's fine, take it." She couldn't do it and forgave him.

For ten years, she was right next to him, and he treated her like a friend. At first, she thought she was special, but then she found out he was the same to her as he was to anyone else.

Calm and indifferent to the world, as long as nobody touched his bottom line. He only partially responded when she talked about her sister. Over time, Wu Anan took that as something special. She thought all he could accept other than Lin Xin was her. For ten years there was no shortage of women who swooped in to capture his heart and finally went away dishearted. She wouldn't argue with the dead. She had time to wait, for ten or twenty years. In the end, she would be the only one who stayed with him, and there would be no one else.

Han Keman's appearance broke that idea. Upset, she confronted Lin Xinyu. He didn't say anything then, and she knew Han Keman was still far from breaching his bottom line. She watched Han Keman leave that day without fear. However, after she left, Lin Shuxin showed up.

He's going to marry her?! She's just a stranger. In what can she compare to her? Anything was better than her.

Wu Anan asked Lin Xinyu, "Are you going to marry her? I thought you said she was the only one in your life, to quell my heart?"

Lin Xinyu did not want anyone to know that Lin Shuxin was Lin Xin. Not wanting to get entangled with Wu Anan, he pushed the wheelchair to take Lin Xin away: "Please get out of the way."

Wu Anan refused, making the four men block their path. "Can you afford that heart in your body?" After Lin Xin died, she always thought that if she had not died, perhaps Lin Xinyu would not have liked her so much. She couldn't compete with the dead. But she could compete with the living.

She used a dead person to lash at Lin Xinyu. It couldn't be that Lin Xinyu had no feelings for Lin Xin. If he didn't? The ten years she'd spent would be a joke.

Lin Xinyu tried to go around them, and the four men immediately blocked him. Lin Xinyu freed his hand and gently pushed the wheelchair so that Lin Xin was a little farther from him. He lifted his leg, kicking the man in front of him in the knee, and with a crisp yell, he was on the ground. Lin Xinyu twisted around, taking two minutes to get rid of the four, who once on the ground could not get up.

Lin Xinyu grabbed the wheelchair and said to Wu Anan, "In ten years, I haven't seen blood. I hope you don't break my record." He pulled Lin Xin's blanket up and covered her hand. "It seems to be windy."

He had only known this woman for a few months, and she had known him for decades, yet he threatened her for this woman.

Wu Anan stopped Lin Xin again and stretched out her long fingernails to scratch Lin Xin's face. She had a beautiful face. Lin Xinyu must have a crush on her face.

Before she touched her, she was thrown to the ground by Lin Xinyu. Lin Xinyu came forward to protect Lin Xin behind him, squatted down, and pinched Wu Anan's chin, "I've heard from Zhao Qiang that there's a shortage of people over at Brother Ming's. They lack an ace. Your face isn't bad."

Wu Anan paled. After the assassination attempt on Fang Qingtian, Brother Ming swallowed up most of his forces. Wu Anan was spared because of her relationship with Lin Xinyu. Although now, there are people going to work for Ming Ge willingly, there was nothing she could do if Lin Xinyu left her there. She was cold from head to toe. She hopelessly looked at Lin Xin behind him.

That woman was his bottom line, he wouldn't allow anyone to hurt her.

Lin Xin couldn't hate Wu Anan. The last time they faced off in the bathroom, she scraped her with a hairpin. She got her revenge. No hatred, no resentment. The account was cleared on both sides. Looking at how scared she was, she somewhat pitied her. After all, she had known her since she was a child.

Lin Xin said, "Xiaoyu, forget it. Let's go."

Lin Xinyu let go of her chin, got up, and pushed Lin Xin into the elevator. Behind him, Wu Anan resentfully shouted, "Who do you think you are? He's just bored, just like Han Keman and I, sooner or later he'll get rid of you."

Because of Han Keman, Lin Xin had misunderstood once. Lin Xinyu didn't want any more misunderstandings. He dipped his head, wanting to explain.

Lin Xin paused and said, "Push me back. I need to talk to her."

As long as she didn't put herself in harm's way, Lin Xinyu would unconditionally listen to her. Lin Xinyu pushed Lin Xin back to Wu Anan, who had gotten up from the ground.

Lin Xin looked up and said, "When you were a child, you knew he was being taken advantage of, but you never thought of helping him. For fear of getting into trouble, you stayed away. You thought he didn't know? He does. And yet, you keep following him like a dog. What else can we feel besides disgust? Did you think he'd fall in love with you?"