Chapter 66 ~ Sorry

Start from the beginning

When the rumble of engines disappears down the street Blaze presses the green icon and puts the call on speaker. A heavy science drifts from the other end before, "I don't like to fucking wait. Round the back. Bring the Blonde." The call cuts abruptly, he grimaces down at the screen, thumb running across his lip. From his expression, I can already guess who's at the end of the line. The same one who sent Durant, the same one who still antagonises his son after everything.

"Atlas... I'm... I'm so sorry." Blaze drops my hand and encases his face in his palms, defeat evident on his features. We've been backed into a corner, he's been backed into a corner and for the first time he doesn't know what to do, he's not in control.

"Hey," I pull his hands from his face, "I wouldn't have let you go alone anyway." I muster a weak smile.

"This is all my fault." He doesn't meet my eyes so I force his chin up.

"It's not your fault you have a psycho father. I'm not in a position to judge." I try to joke but it comes out flat. I don't blame Blaze, I've been through worse and with him beside me I feel weirdly relaxed about this... maybe I'm just over all the bullshit that's been thrown our way.

"You stay behind me and if anything starts I want you to run, take my car and call Brady." He passes me his car keys and my stomach sinks, "Promise me Blondie. Promise me you will run and don't look back, just keep running."

"I... I can't drive." Blaze has been trying to teach me the absolute basics of driving his car but the gears scare me.

"You can. You've been doing well with me. You just have to go, promise me." He holds my face in his palms, eyes swimming through mine. Every inch of vulnerability and insecurity leaks through and latches to mine. Shit.

"Okay, I promise but don't do anything stupid." He looks away making my pulse thump erratically then leans down and presses a chaste kiss to my lips before leading us across the parking lot. He makes sure I stay behind him as we round the corner of the diner, not much exists around here just the bins and windows where deliveries come in. Stary bits of packaging and crates of random waste litter the ground but right by the delivery bay is a sleek black Mercedes C-class saloon parked, the engine rumbles quietly against the blacked-out windows. It shuts off when we approach and two guys get out of the front and open the rear doors, two other men get out of one side. All dressed in black with earpieces and black combat boots. The driver is the only one in a white button-down, the rest in black. The two men that get out of the back walk around the car and open the last door, standing two abreast as the final passenger disembarks the vehicle.

The man is older than the rest and is dressed also in black slacks and a black button-down, he's built like Blaze and has the same ocean blue eyes but the cheeky smile that Blaze adorns is replaced with a cold calculated one, void of all emotion and doesn't meet his eyes. He walks closer to us, men flanking his sides to the point where I think I'm in a fricking movie. Cold trickles through me and Blaze pushes me further behind him, his face void of anything, cold and set not removing his eyes from the guarded man. His heeled leather shoes click in the dingy street until he stops an arm's length from us. He sticks his hand out towards Blaze.

"Son."

Hey hey guys, sorry to leave this on a bit of a cliff hanger but I'm trying to get chapters out as fast as I can, I promise!! ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you all for reading, I can't believe how close we are to 300k like wtaf 😱😱

Please hit that star if you enjoyed the chapter!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️