Chapter 66 ~ Sorry

Start from the beginning

I leave the counter and walk to their table with my notebook open. I'm so ruddy envious I'm not with them right now but college won't pay for itself, I can't expect Blazes family to foot the bill for everything and besides I love seeing Layla.

"Atty!" B yells as I reach the edge of the table, Blaze is sitting on the end so I make a point of resting my hand on his shoulder and squeezing, he smiles and cups his palm on top of my hand squeezing back.

"What can I get you guys?" I exaggerate my smile and pop a hip mockingly.

"How about some of your time? Can't you sit with us?" Rutherford asks, his arm around Emily's shoulders.

"I wish but I can't. I'm only on a short shift though so I'll be finished in a couple of hours."

"I'll wait for you," Blaze says.

"It's fine you go home-"

"Blondie, I'll stay. Pester the fuck out of you." He smiles triumphantly, lifting my hand and pressing a kiss to my palm. I shut up and blush.

"I'll tell you what you can get me." Brady looks over my shoulder as Layla walks past with her sugar shakers, "That babes number." He whistles looking pointedly at her ass. I whack him on the arm and glare but Layla's already heard, she walks back to us and pulls my notebook out of my hands, she scribbles on a page.

"Sure muscles." She rips the page off the pad and leans down to him... she leans past him, or rather over him, and proceeds to hand the paper to Vixxie. With a wink, she walks away from the table over her shoulder mouthing call me.

I try to hold in my laugh but it's pointless, we all burst into hysterics. Vixxie grins victoriously and Brady sulks.

"Man, that was fucking brilliant. Karma for GTA." Ethan wiggles his brows.

"Serves you right though. You acted like a pig." Blaze adds.

"It wasn't even a good pick up line." Carrie finalises wiping her tears.

"What can I get you for real? Reality check?" I quip, opening my notepad. When the laughter dies down they rattle off their orders and I head to the kitchen to put them in.

I should have not spent that extra two hours in the studio yesterday, I'm nearing the end of my shift and my feet are fricking killing me

I should have not spent that extra two hours in the studio yesterday, I'm nearing the end of my shift and my feet are fricking killing me. It feels like I'm walking on glass, these boots don't help right now either. I slouch on the counter taking a few minutes to breathe then check the clock, I've only got about five minutes left, I might as well change. I walk back to my friends who still occupy the booth, every so often they'll chuck me a fry as I walk past carrying trays of food or drinks. They've decided to go back to B's to watch some movie or something so they're waiting for me to get off.

"I'm just going to get changed and then I'll be done." I nearly collapse onto the table in exhaustion, Blazes hand rubs my back and replenishes me with a zap of energy by doing so. "I'll get Layla to run your bill up if you guys are ready to go." They all nod and I slip off to the locker room, before I push through the door something grabs my wrist and tugs me lightly. I turn to see Blaze has followed me from the table, eyes flitting nervously.