chapter 10 : movement

I let out a sigh of relief as soon as I saw my team enter the main hall one by one. More than half of the players completed the task.

We were in a line to get our meal and my legs were starting to get numb.

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long since I'm almost at the front. My teammates were behind me again.

"That's it?!" I fumed.

I felt my soul crushed when I saw what was served on the desk.

A single hard-boiled egg and a bottle of soda.

Great! After almost losing my life out there, of course, I deserve an egg. How are we supposed to regain our strength if this is all they'll feed us?!

I huff a breath, clenching my jaw when I didn't get a response from the staff. I walked away, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

I took a sit on one of the steps, swearing under my breath. I wasn't even that hungry but it still pissed me off knowing they could've given us more.

I felt someone's presence beside me.

"You can have mine" Sangwoo said, handing me his egg.

"Oh no, you don't have to. You should eat it, you haven't eaten anything since this morning." I declined, waving my hands in front of me.

"Please sir, we need to eat!"

My attention went to the disruption at the front. A square masked guard was pointing his gun at the man.

"It was prepared for the exact number." The masked guard stated.

"Excuse me," a woman interjected. "It was them. They skipped the line and got second. I saw it." She pointed to player 101 and his group.

"Hey, what's the matter everybody? Jeez. You never see a man eat before?" he said cockily.

My brows furrowed at him. The audacity of this man, I swear.

The man who hadn't gotten his food walked to them, enraged.

"Who do you think you are?" Anger lingering his voice. "That's my food you just ate!"

"Ah, Is this yours? Is your name on it? Cause I sure don't see anything" The thug said mockingly making his group laugh. I was already in a bad mood but this just made it worse. I gripped my bottle hard to stop myself from doing anything.

"Give it back. That's mine." The man tried to grab the bottle. Both were clutching it by force until the bottle dropped on the floor, shattering.

Yeah, he's definitely pissed now.

"Why did you break it? You jerk." The thug punched the poor man, knocking him down. Some players stood up to watch the fight. I gulped my soda, trying to avert my attention elsewhere.

"How come a scrawny guy like you is so greedy about food?" He continued, kicking him on the stomach. He kept beating the guy, muttering profanities.

I looked to the guards standing on the platform. For heaven's sake, why are they just watching?! This is the time to have a good use of their guns.

No one moved. I looked back at the unconscious man on the ground. Sangwoo and Gihun stood up and walked to check the man. I held my breath, I can't just stand here and do nothing.

"Hey sir, are you okay?" Sangwoo tried waking up the man. There was no answer. He put his fingers on the man's jaw, checking his pulse.

Sangwoo looked up to Gihun. "He's gone."

I felt my heart drop. We shouldn't be killing each other like this. My blood boiling in aggravation. I clenched my fist as I let my feet lead me towards the center.

"You damn pig" I blurted, half scoffing.

I caught everyone's attention. 101 immediately turned his head in my direction. He looked at me like he wanted to skin me alive.

"Who are you calling greedy when you yourself just killed someone over fucking food?"

"Little bitch!" He walked over to me with heavy footsteps. "Do you want me to beat the shit out of you too, huh? Seems like you're asking for it." He grabbed my collar as his other arm was about to hit me.

I shut my eyes, readying myself for the impact.

"Player 271, eliminated."

My eyes opened and saw Sangwoo grabbing the thug's arms, stopping him from hitting me. The sound of buzzing was heard and the room dimmed. A soft yellow glow illuminated the room.

Everyone looked up to the pig stocking money inside it as Sangwoo pulled me away from 101.

"What were you thinking?!" he whispered yell, holding both my shoulders. "Never do that again. You know how insolent that bastard is."

The light was back again.

My attention went to the door opening. Circled guards were holding a coffin. They went to the center and carried the body into the coffin.

No one dared to make a sound.

----------------------------

Votes and comments are appreciated :))