Chapter ④ [Brain Blast]

"Huff..."

Me and Teara have been training days and we haven't had significant growth. It's starting to get dark and the shadow the crevice creates doesn't help with my sight. Maybe I could get a night vision skill from trying to see in the dark?

"I think it's time for a break."

Teara slithers(?) up to me and spreads out on the ground, letting me lay down on them. I decide to try and get a skill by thinking, like concentration or rationality. If I already have something that helps me concentrate better and something that helps me rationalize better, wouldn't it make sense to have something that helps me calculate better? Yeah, a calculation skill! All I have to do is... math or something...

"2+2 is 4-1 is 3 = Quick maths!"

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Arithmetic Processing LV1』》

...really? That's all I have to do? Seriously? My proficiency gain is off the charts! Thank you Cheat Skill! Just gaining this skill made it easier to comprehend numbers and equations! Man, I wish I had this skill in school... Mrs.Oka could've asked us to do something like: "Find the x-intercept of the line that is perpendicular to the line 4x-2y-6=0 and passes through the point (8,2)." And I would've said "-12=x" immediately! It would've been so much easier.

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Arithmetic Processing LV1』 has become 『Arithmetic Processing LV2』》

Sheesh! This is getting absurd! I literally just got the skill and it levelled up! Not that I'm complaining, but... wouldn't this make gaining new skills too easy? Like, what if I tried to predict what will happen in the future, fail, yet still get a prediction skill? Again, I'm not complaining. In fact, give me ALL the skills!

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Parallel Thinking LV1』》

I didn't think you would actually do it, system. Thanks for the gift though! You're so generous! With this new skill, my mind has expanded!

"I'm no longer on the mortal plane, Teara!"

Teara slithers away, most likely because I'm too awesome. Anyways, even though it may be true that it became much easier to think with these new skills, I'm still kinda dumb. While I'm on a skill gaining streak, why don't I test out how to buy skills with skill points.

It's weird, really. As soon as I got the "Appraisal" skill, I immediately disregarded where I got it from... I probably need to be specific with the skill that I want to buy, so I'll just say random names until it pops up.

"Stone Skin, Death Magic, Speed Boost, Great Wall... um, Steal? How about Shield? Shit. How does this work? Swordsmanship, um-

《Currently you have 75 skill points.

The skill 『Swordsmanship LV1』 can be acquired by spending 10000 skill points.

You do not have the skill points needed to acquire it. 》

...Why is swinging a sword so expensive? Is it because I'm a monster and can't hold a sword? That would make sense... so I can't get skills that are incompatible with my current body. Still, this is also good news! This means that if I have a good affinity for a skill, it will be easier to acquire! This will also mean that it will be much harder for me to get different skills in the future so... what if I got a skill stealing skill? Yeah, that would be OP!

"Predator, Copy, Absorb, Absorption, Soul Eater, Skill Share, Taketh Awayeth... I don't think this is gonna work... this sucks! System, I take it back! You're not generous, you're greedy! Give me the skills! You greed-"

*Crash*

A boulder falls into the crevice, making a large indentation in the ground as well as a noise large enough to be called a giants footstep... if the giant was a toddler at least. Well, it's not close to me, so it doesn't really matter. In fact, I could probably use it like a stepping stool to get out of this crevice! That was distracting though, so I'll just get back to saying skill names until I fin-?!