𝟓. comedy club

Start from the beginning

"My day just gets better and better, don't it?" Daryl scoffed.

"You see anybody else here stepping up, to save your brother's crack ass?" T-Dog questioned.

"Why you?"

"You wouldn't even begin to understand," T-Dog paused, before continuing. "You don't speak my language."

"That's five," Dale commented.

"Make that six," Zayn chimed in, stepping forwards. His younger sister felt her eyes widen in surprise at his offer.

"Even better," Daryl mumbled.

"Well, that's six," Dale corrected himself.

"It's not just six. You're putting every single one of us at risk," Shane pointed. "Just know that, Rick. Come on, you saw that walker. It was here. It was in camp. They're moving out of the cities. They come back, we need every able body we've got. We need 'em here. We need 'em to protect camp."

"It seems to me what you really need most here are more guns."

"Right," Glenn commented, a smile slowly forming on his face.

"The guns," Kloe remembered, the same smile setting on her lips.

"Wait, what guns?" Shane inquired.

"Six shotguns, two high-powered rifles, over a dozen handguns," Rick listed. "I cleaned out the cage back at the station before I left. I dropped the bag in Atlanta when I got swarmed. It's just sitting there on the street, waiting to be picked up."

"Ammo?"

"700 rounds, assorted."

"You went through hell to find us," Lori reminded. "Y- you just got here and you're gonna turn around and leave?"

"Dad, I- I don't want you to go," Carl begged.

"To hell with the guns. Shane is right. Merle Dixon? He's not worth one of your lives, even with guns thrown in," Lori stood up as Rick stepped into her direction. "Tell me. Make me understand."

"I owe a debt to a man I met and his little boy," Rick informed, causing Lori to scoff in disbelief. "Lori, if they hadn't taken me in, I'd have died. It's because of them that I made it back to you at all. They said they'd follow me to Atlanta. They'll walk into the same trap I did if I don't warn him."

"What's stopping you?" Lori asked with a softer tone.

"The walkie-talkie, the one in the bag I dropped. He's got the other one. Our plan was to connect when they got closer."

"These are our walkies?" Shane questioned, rubbing his hand against his chin.

"Yeah."

"So use the CB. What's wrong with that?" Andrea asked, her hair was a little messy considering she hadn't brushed it yet.

"The CB's fine. It's the walkies that suck, they're crap," Shane confirmed. "Date back to the '70s, don't match any other bandwidth. Not even the scanners in our cars."

There was silence for a moment, before Rick tilted his head at his wife, "I need that bag."

She didn't answer, instead she gazed to the ground, unsure of any words to try and reason with her husband. Rick took a few steps away from his wife and knelt down to his son, Carl.

"Okay?" Rick asked softly. Hesitantly and reluctantly, Carl nodded his head.

...

"Are you sure you wanna go?" Kloe asked Zayn, who was leaning against the scarlet red car Glenn and her stole the day before. "I mean, you've never gone on a supply run before. So, are you sure you wanna go to save somebody?"