Chapter 6

On a regular night we would just have take out not from our favorite local restaurants but from a Mexican spot all the way across town dad would say its good and cheap. One night when I got up from a ear load of noise coming from downstairs . I walked to the stairs and sat down high enough so they wouldn't see me but low enough so I can hear. dad hugged mom and said "I'm sorry i thought I had enough time enough money and enough energy for this not to happen." Mom turned around in dad's arms and looked at him in search for answers and said "you said this would never happen you said we would live here and send our kids to college here you promised we would grow old here and play with our grand kids here" With tears in her eyes she walked towards the stairs so I hid as she walked up the stairs and into her room. Dad downstairs threw everything that was once a desirable table and chugged the last of his expensive wine . The next day you can say we started a new life . My mom woke me and I was still half asleep when she explained that we were moving and to gather up all my stuff. I went downstairs to see all our friends and family filling up a moving truck with our living room furniture. I guess this is what mom and dad we're talking about last night . But I still have so many questions. Like where we moving to for a minute I thought to the other side of town just because dad liked the Mexican food so much .