Neverseens revenge

Beginne am Anfang

"They have bombs, and we can't find them. They're getting away." He said a second later.

"Go!" I said, waving my hands at the door.

Keefe nodded, securing his melder and walking out the door with one last glance at me.

I was left in silence once again. I tapped my finger on my leg nervously.

Will they be okay? Is the Neverseen going to get away? What's happening?

My feet itched to get up and go help but I was in no condition to, and I would only slow them down.

Suddenly, the door was opened again.

I gasped as Vespera walked in, her shoes clicking against the floor with every movement she made.

My heart pounded as I tried to get up. I managed to get up before she could reach me, though she didn't look the least bit concerned that I was trying to escape.

She knew I had no chance.

In just a few, quick strides and she was in front of me. I gasped as my head was slammed into the wall with a surprising force.

Again.

Again.

Again.

My head spun as I dropped to the ground and groaned. A foot landed on my stomach harshly, giving flashbacks of just two days ago when I was in this same position.

"Now, how about you tell me where it is?" I coughed as she yanked me by my hair, so I was facing her, but it didn't matter, my eyes weren't able to focus on anything.

"I don't know what you're talking about and even if I did, I would never tell you." I spat out though the metalic taste of blood.

Vespera sighed, almost sounding annoyed at me. "You can tell me now or you can tell me in five seconds with one of your fingers broken, your choice." She took one of my hands in hers, taking my pinky finger in between two of hers.

"Five." My breath quickened.

"Four." Was she really going to do this?

"Three." No.

"Two." I closed my eyes, bracing for the pain I knew was about to come.

"One."

I screamed as she bent my finger further and further back until I heard a sickening crack.

"Shh, we wouldn't want you to wear out you voice so soon, we still have so much more fun to do." I could barely see the creepy smile that haunted me as she started to count down again.

"Five."

"Four."

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

Crack.

She was at my index finger when we both heard the unmistakable sound of feet pounding against the floor outside.

"Ah, looks like your friends are here."

"Sophie? Sophie are you okay!?" Biana's voice rang out.

"We're just fine in here but take another step and she won't be." Vespera responded. If this is fine to her, I don't want to find out what her definition of not fine is.

I could hear the mutters of people cursing outside.

"Let her go!"

"I can't do that. Let's see, how about we finish off this hand and then we can all discuss where those supplies are."

The supplies.

I started to laugh. I must sound insane but I'm so high on pain, I can't tell which way is up.

"You mean the ones I burned, yeah you aren't getting those back." I giggled.

Her hand collided with my cheek in a second, but that half of my face was already numb.

Crack. I bit back a scream.

"I will crack every one of your bones until it's your neck unless you or one of your friends out there tells me where you hid all our supplies. I know you didn't burn it, not even you are that stupid."

"Well apparently I am, because last time I saw your supplies, it was burning along with your storehouse and all of your other things." I smirked but it was quickly wiped away when my thumb snapped backwards.

I cried out, making people outside yell out.

"Now, who wants to tell me where everything is before I start cutting off her skin."

"We burnt it all, we don't have anything left! What else do you want?!" I heard someone yell though the door.

"Hmm, I guess I haven't gotten my point though. Let's see if this will do it." Vespera took out her dagger from somewhere I couldn't see.

"Where shall we start? How about... here." The blade sliced into my forearm as she gripped my wrist.

I sobbed as she slowly cut though it until a piece of flesh was detached from my left arm.

"No! Wait, please!" I could hear everyone though the door. So close yet so far.

"Tell me where it is, your little moonlark is too stubborn too. I'll give you a minute to discuss while me and Sophie have some fun over here."

My eyes closed tightly as I fought to stay awake. I could hear everyone talking outside, some begging Vespera to stop.

Sophie? Sophie, can you hear me?

Fitz? What is Fitz doing in my head? Is he transmitting to me?

Yes, I am, I need you to focus.

His voice distracted me from the pain, but only a little bit.

It hurts. Even my mental voice was weak and shaking as I focused on keeping our connection.

I know, but we're going to get you out. Dex is working on it right now, just hang in there. Elwin's right here for when we get in to help you.

I screamed as Vespera knife sliced farther into my skin. I could feel the warm blood trickling down my arm, covering it in red.

How much longer?

I felt like giving up now, but I couldn't, not when I was so closed to getting out.

Not long, Dex is almost done with the door and then we can get to you.

But she'll kill me, she has a knife.

This was a stupid plan. Rushed and dangerous to all of us. I can't do much about it while I'm in here though.

We have a plan.

I waited for him to elaborate but he didn't.

What's the plan?

He didn't have time to respond before the door slammed open. Vespera and me looked over simultaneously. Dex was there, throwing a disc that soon had gas filling the room. I realized too late that it was a sedative.

"Don't worry moonlark, we'll see each other soon enough. I promise." The last thing I saw was her creepy smile before the drugs took over me and I passed out. 

hehe. guess who's procrastinatingggg